Days: Where are the cliffhangers?

• Members

Well, hopefully he'll write again.

After getting his own show cancelled twice and running Days into the ground during his last stint, I haven't heard any word of him writing anywhere right now.

Maybe they're are some others who are not too fond of his style as well.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Nice to see another Reilly fan. ;)

<--------------- :wub::D

As far as JER's fake cliffhangers/false tags, I'm not that big of a fan of them. If it happens once, it's fine, but as soon as it happens twice, three times, it does get frustrating.

• Members

Passions wasn't axed because of his writing. NBC cancelled it to add another hour of the Today show, and DirecTV couldn't afford the production costs. So don't blame JER for the show ending.

Passions is a satire. It's supposed to be funny and campy, not high art. So your insult of Passions is just unnecessary and a slap in the face to all Passions fans.

• Members

How is it an insult when the show stayed at the bottom of the ratins for most of its run?

JER was the HW and co-creator of the show. Who are we supposed to blame for its demise?

And.......if the show was doing well, would it have been cancelled?

• Members

Yes, NBC was adamant about having the fourth hour of Today, so it would still have been cancelled (because they wouldn't cancel Days...would they?). But if they truly hated the show with a passion, no pun intended, it wouldn't have ended up on DirecTV.

The people who tuned out are to blame for Passions' demise. They don't know the first thing about loyalty. Passions is my favourite soap opera of all time and JER is my favourite soap writer of all time, so I am damn well pissed at the people who quit Passions who ultimately prevented the show from getting high-enough ratings to justify the production costs on DirecTV.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree about JER.

• Members

I think we will, because I personally can't blame people from tuning out if they hated what was on-screen.

In my view, the blame lies with the person who wrote the show......not the fans who left because they felt it got very bad.

JMO. :)

• Members

lol This is interesting. So you blame the people who probably thought Passions was crap and tuned out? People shouldn't be able to not watch what ever they want? And it wasn't JER's fault for writing the way he did, that wasn't what got these people to tune out? That's the most hilarious thing I've read in a along time here. Seriously.

Archived