AMC: Monday, June 23rd

• Members

From what I remember about Alexa Havins, she always played Babe very humble and even when she was judging she was still coming from a place of "I'm not one to judge, but..." whereas Amanda Baker just doesn't bring that humility and comes off as holier than thou. Perhaps she hasn't internalized all the things that Babe did before Baker held the role. But it makes it very difficult for me to accept Baker as Babe.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I LOVE Richie but my goodness he hit Zach, threw him out of a moving car, and shut him in a hole UNDERGROUND and left him to DIE

I'd say Richie got off easy.............

HUH? Alexa's Babe was pretty damn holier than thou, especially when it came to JR and Adam, I don't ever recall her being humble

• Members

Today's episode was horrible.

Maybe it's just bc I'm in a bad mood.

But first of all - the very idea of policeman letting Zach beat Richie to a bloody pulp and then laugh in Richie's face while they lock him back up was RIDICULOUS. Yes, I think Zach should get some sort of physical revenge...but have him get it in a logical and legal way. I really hope Jesse's presence as Police Chief can turn around this clown police station into something more reputable. I was just disgusted that Zach could do that and get away with it.

But oh how I loved me some Zach/Myrtle. And I love how Zach was able to recognize that he had dark thoughts and Myrtle was there to talk him out of it. The end with Zach and the boys was cute as hell too.

Continuing with my rants...

Amanda - I love you girl - but your smartass mouth needs to be slapped. Sure, you may have millions of dollars now, but you might want to realize how unprofessional it is to make Fusion and its CEOs look like a hot mess. I'll slightly forgive you though, as I know it was only the writers who couldn't figure out what else to do with you today.

The entire Babe/Kendall/Annie go-around was a complete mess today. I enjoyed what Annie said about forgetting what Greenlee did to Spike...but then she apologizes. And its not like she would have said that if she weren't just uber-pissed that her husband was wanting to f*ck Greenlee. If Ryan/Annie were happy together, she would have never cared or said it. So whatever.

I love me some Angie Hubbard...but...the second she asked if she could see Frankie's patient, my mind went to how PISSED she got at Jake for seeing HER patient Ryan. Sure, at least she asked, but I just got the feeling she didn't trust Frankie's judgement and she had to diagnose the situation herself, which is what pissed her off about Jake the other day. Like I said, its prob. just my mood I'm in today...

Ok I'm done.

• Members

It was wrong for Zach to bash Ritchie in the face with a metal baton. Especially after seeing his face which was literally bathed in blood what Zach did was over kill.

Alexa was able to vary her performance thou, there were many conversation with Kendell/Babe where Babe was understanding and heard Kendell out even when Kendell was acting bitchy towards her. While there were times when Havin's Babe was sanctimonious she was never as unyielding or as shrill as Baker is in her portrayal of not Babe. They're were also numerous conversations where Babe was all and out wrong and she apologized and she listened to other people's comments she didn't completely shut out the other person in the conversation and continue screeching (like Baker does). Havins internalized and listened and reacted to her fellow actors words and overall gave back and we saw a progressive change from the minute the scene started from the minute the scene ended, you knew that ultimately Babe was listening, thinking and feeling what the other character was saying. We knew that Babe was going threw either a struggle or a realization and we ultimately saw a connection between the two character weither they came to a conclusion and disagreed or what ever. We saw what Babe was feeling and how she felt. We see absolutely none of this with Baker's Not Babe character. Baker's character is no where near as invested nor as listenable as Havins Real Babe.

Real Babe was able to understand and even when she was ticked off she would show confliction or overall layer her performance with something. Not just scream and then walk away.

• Members

Angie wasn't pissed at Jake for seeing Ryan.

She was pissed cause Jake completely disregarded her & her position as Ryan's doctor.

She didn't question Frankie's judgement or make repeated attempts to undermine any of Frankie's decisions both of which Jake did to her.

• Members

Hahah I guess I'm in the minority but I thought it was a good episode. Well decent for not much happening.

I like that Greenlee is the Greenlee I first loved-_i don't get people saying her characters destroyed. *shrug* oh well :D

I did liek that Annie finallys aid what we all wanted to. Loved Myrtle. I like that Angie gets all parental and untrusting of her son still and interuppted on his case :P I dunno all that felt in character to me

shrug oh well

• Members

Yup, yet Frons seems to still want to cram them down our throats.

I thought it was odd that Greenlee was accusing Annie of stalking her when Greens herself used to stalk Ryan back when he was with Gillian.

Kendall was the one out of line today, imo. Her excuses for Greenlee were so weak.

Yeah, Zach thinks he's above the law and I'm scared that he'll turn into GH's Sonny under Pratt. It was ridiculous for the cops to let him in to beat Richie up. If the writers wanted to have Zach go ballistic on Richie, it should have happened after Richie was released.

Annie's apology was stupid. She had valid reasons for feeling threatened and Kendall dismissed them. I'm sick of Greenlee's behavior being forgiven and forgotten while she continues to wreak havoc. I hope both the Kenlee friendship and Fusion end under Pratt.

• Members

"I thought it was odd that Greenlee was accusing Annie of stalking her when Greens herself used to stalk Ryan back when he was with Gillian. "

But that's exactly how her character behaves! lol It makes complete sense to me. Anyway either way I doubt she'd see it as karma.

I did have the same worry that Zach could become the new Sonny... ugh. We already had enough characters acting above the law under McTavish.

• Members

Riiiiiiiiiight, GMAFB, Zach isn't close to ever being like Sonny, Tad or Ryan could play that role easier than Zach :rolleyes:

And guess what? Annie calling the bitch on her [!@#$%^&*] suddenly makes her "crazy", don't ya love it? It's the same crap they do with Adam when he calls Tad on stuff, suddenly that makes Adam the bad guy

Archived