Imaginary Bitches gets a major shoutout in US Weekly

• Members

The Web's Big Hits

These hot videos have scorned lovers and dueling dancers!

Imaginary Bitches

In this Sex and the City-esque series that just hit the 2 million-views mark, single gal Eden (all My Children's Eden Riegel, 27) finds her coupled friends are too busy to chat, so she invents new ones who turn out to be, well, bitchy. One hilarious conversation? Whether her 0ne-night stand will call. (imaginarybitches.com)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love it. I've watched every ep. It's my Saturday morning guilty pleasure. It's great watching actors work on a project without having to appease "the suits." Plus they have freedoms you don't have on TV, especially daytime, such as language, subject matter, etc... Plus Eden is great in it. She's good at comedy.

Between iBitches and Joss Whedon's upcoming web musical, I think the net is turning into another version of independent film.

• Members

^ Oooooo, Joss Whedon is doing a web musical? :)

I always wondered why I.B. was not snapped up by SoapNet. It has a very Curb your Enthusiasm feel about it. Then I remembered. Frons would probably micro-manage it into the crapper. <_< It's better where it is.

And 2 million hits -- nice!

• Members

^ It's an acquired taste. And so paper-light that you almost forget what happened as soon as it's over. I think it was a chance for ER and the other actors to stretch their legs with comedy. I like that Eden and her husband started brain-storming ideas and decided to do everything in-house -- taking control of their careers, if you like.

• Members

That's the thing I like about it. It's different and fun. It reminds me of the USA shows like Psych and Monk or my dear, departed Wonderfalls. A quirky main character and screwy premise all in a tight little package.

I don't know what it would be like as a full show. They'd actually have to cast the parts of Catherine and Heather and arrange for us to "see" them the way Eden does which sends us dangerously close to sci-fi territory (think Quantum Leap or the Star Trek holodeck.)

Archived