Y&R: Week of June 16, 2008

• Members

GloHag isn't just on every day but in EVERY story.

Victor, Victoria & Sabrina at the boutique? So is Glo.

Kay, Jill & Brad at Jabot? So is Glo.

Nikki & David at The Club? So is Glo.

Neil & Karen at Indigo? So is Glo.

Paul & JT at Crimson Lights? So is Glo.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep. Even though Y&R has 35 years of history to mine from, the writing team still love to dip the big ole well of Memories That Never Happened. Everytime Victoria and Nick have a scene, I cringe because one or the other usually ends up waxing lyrical about their "wonderful childhood" on the ranch, bonding over computer games. I swear, if I never hear the words "computer game" on this show again, I will die happy. The gamer sh!t reeks of LML's "write what you know" philosophy of hackdom.

• Members

I will give MAB this: she does understand each character. Characters do act like themselves. I'll give credit where credit's due.

But she can't plot worth sh*t...and I am not convinced that Gloria received positive reviews in the last Nielsen survey, her saturation in this show boggles my mind. Judith Chapman must come cheap, her guarantee must be insane! It's time to can her, I like her as an actress, but the character outlived her usefulness years ago.

Love the renaissance of Jill. Jess Walton is terrific.

The Victor/Sabrina Baby better be a way for Victor to destroy Sabrina in a wildly dramatic fashion right as they are about to say I Do. He's had a vascectomy. Diane Jenkins had to STEAL his sperm. Nobody forgets that story. Victor Newman fires blanks! If Sabrina's demon spawn does turn out to be a little Newman...I will be beyond insulted. Bill Bell/Kay Alden/Jack Smith would never have insulted the intelligence of the viewer like that!

• Members

Also... I've been thinking about Michael's storyline lately... why would I care if he finally finds Lowell? Even if he brings him to Genoa City, whatever he turns out to be, good or bad, I just don't see anything interesting in that storyline. I don't know why. Maybe my view on the show has been momentarily damaged.

• Members

Believe me, hearing it and watching it unfold on-screen didn't make it any easier to accept.

Dru, in the woods, fishing. I don't frakking believe it. :rolleyes:

And that is why (IMO) Glo gotta go.

:lol:

Well, BB and KA probably wouldn't. But remember: Jack Smith's the one who says Jill is Kay's daughter, lol. ;)

Archived