Y&R: Week of June 16, 2008

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've started this thread early this weekend because I wanted to vent a bit about the episode airing on Monday.

The return of Karen Taylor in the previous episode took me by surprise because I honestly don't see a good storyline coming for that woman. I appreciate Nia Peeples, she's a very talented actress, but I hate to see her character back with Neil. I don't see why they had to bring Karen back, aside from the possibility of bringing Dru back or something. But this means we'll get another few months of pure boredom out of these two (no shock, I know). On the other hand, why am I surprised? Being bored is the feeling I get while watching almost every episode these days. Where's the tension, the plotting, anything remotely intriguing?

Victoria was immature again (*pretends being shocked*). Surprise? No. Tension? No. She's just a little crybaby. Why can't she act like an adult woman? I saw a different person in Adam while he was with Heather, but today we got a flash of the little minx that he is. At least something interesting. I'm surprised to see Lily being able to show the emotion of hatred. I haven't seen it in ages. If only it had been about someone else besides Cane. Nothing interesting there either. Chloe, please run away from them.

Yet again, Gloria was in the center of attention. Surprise? No. But I liked what she did. Lauren has every right to fire her. Gloria has been getting away with millions of misdeeds and she still walks the Earth like a free woman. Why would we need to have compassion for her? Why are they constantly trying to redeem her? It's getting old. But I do appreciate Judith Chapman's vivid portrayal of the character. If only she wouldn't open her eyes so much. She looked like Jeffrey stabbed her with a knife twenty times before her kissed her.

I really don't want to get into the other storylines, it'll only bring me down.

• Members

I think the writers are going for an emotional retribution (and redemption) of sorts for Gloria. If you ask me, though, it isn't satisfying. I love Judith Chapman as much as the next fan, but it's past time for the writers to admit Gloria has been painted into a corner. Either she goes to prison, or she dies. No exceptions, no substitutions.

• Members

I :wub: Lauren. I hate that yet again another episode is centered around Gloria's shenanigans. However, I loved Lauren's frustration with her, and then firing her pathetic ass. It's about time Tracey Bregman get a storyline for her own. I'd sooner revive Lauren's bitchy roots, before Jill's, and I hope Hogan takes an interest with Lauren Fenmore (without the name Sheila Carter).

"Newman Infinity" sounds stupid.

Neil/Karen was very out of place, even though I do like Karen, and would rather see her hooked up with Paul instead.

• Members

Seems to me like they let Nia Peeples go, then any discussions with Victoria Rowell about coming back fell through and so they panicked and brough NP back. It's like "token 40-something black female! Check!" I feel bad because Karen is a half-assed character. I don't get what she's all about. Every ounce of charisma or quirk is coming entirely from Nia Peeples and not the script. She's lovely but that's not enough.

• Members

Yeah and it also screams copyright infringement. I wonder if NISSAN in name of their upscale subsidiary filed a complaint yet... :lol:

ITA.

I still hope that they use Karen's return (which took me totally by surprise. In a good way because I want Neil to have a story and Peebles is decent) to build up a real Neil&Karen love stopry just in time for Dru's grande re-entrance come Fall...

• Members

Well, if we are talking about Brad + a woman of colr, what's wrong with bringing Olivia back. She's no Dru in the sparky stakes but she is long established and IMO long in need of reinvigoration.

• Members

I can't believe Victor would sign off on changing the name of an established brand. What is wrong with that man? Why does he feel compelled to give so much leeway to someone (Adam) whom everyone else can see right through (even though he is his son)? Is Victor having those seizures again? Has all that French talk w/ Sabrina clouded his judgment?

And as for "The Misadventures of Gloria"...yeah, that bit's getting stale, Maria (and Josh). For God's sake, cut your losses.

Archived