PLEVA

soapluva

• Members

I've been diagnosed with pleva , I finally know what has been going on with my skin. I saw three Dermatologist and the third one was a charm he finally gave this thing a name. He's been treating it with an antibiotic Tetracycline which I take twice a day for the annoying dark spots it leaves on your skin. I was just wondering if anyone here has ever had it and if you did what course of treatment worked for you ?

Here's a brief description of PLEVA :

Pityriasis lichenoides has an acute and chronic phase. The acute form is called Pityriasis lichenoides et varioliformis acuta (PLEVA) or Mucha-Habermann disease. The chronic form is usually designated as pityriasis licehnoides chronica. These two diseases from a spectrum of a self-limited dermatosis with the acute form starting as a maculopapular, erythematous eruption which heals to form superficial variable scars. The lesions occur in crops over several weeks and may continue for months to years. The chronic form is more scaly and less hemorrhagic. There is a predilection for males in the second and third decades. They are most common on the anterior trunk and flexor surfaces of the proximal portions of the extremities.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived