Y&R: Week of June 9, 2008

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jeff: My feelings for Gloria are complicated.

Kay: Oh, I bet. So is nuclear war. But one doesn't go around writing love sonnets about it.

Jeff: Yeah. I feel like a smoker who's trying to quit.

Kay: And what does that make my daughter? Your nicotine patch?

Monday was okay. I liked Jill confessing to Kay that she's only using Jeffrey. Even David's storyline was okay, but Nikki is reaching new levels of being naive. And we got another episode with Esther. They finally use her more. :) Heather and Adam :wub:

• Members

I have to say, that was some kiss in the elevator between Heather & Adam. Pipsqueak found a girl with the perfect kissage height.

Jess Walton had been on fire the past couple of episodes. The old Jill is back and bitchin'! Loved Kay giving Jeffrey the third degree. Every time I see the Chancellor mansion, I get a happy feeling. :)

They need to STOP with the Sabrina and Victor kissage, though. icon8.gif

• Members

^ Seriously, though. How much more are we going to hear from Victor about how young and carefree and happy his petite chérie makes him? Because we get, it, Victor, you could pass for a 30 year old! With your bangin' mustache, tight black tee and "cool" leather jacket. :rolleyes:

If only Finola Hughes were coming to Y&R as Sabrina's mom! I would love to see her sniffing around Victor and giving Sabrina a serious heart attack. I'm still waiting for Sabrina and Adam to make a move on each other, BTW. Every scene they share is infused with tension.

• Members

Great post.

Even though I consider Lily and Cane the worst thing on Y&R currently, I also can't stand Sabrina and Victor's conversations. It's always filled with French (which I used to like until these spoiled it) and it's always the same thing. Sweetie this, sweetie that... Mon Cherie... barf. <_<

• Members

Katherine: Where is Freddie?

Esther: Who's Freddie?

Kay: Jeffrey.

Esther: Oh. The freeloader? Freddie is upstairs.

And last week...

Katherine: Mr. Bardwell, this is not a hotel.

Jill: Jeffrey is recovering from an attempted homicide.

Esther: Someone besides me wanted to kill him.

• Members

This was a really good Monday episode. So much happened, and it all made sense.

Did anyone else notice all the classic Y&R background music used in this episode? It made everything feel like "home" again. I guess it's no surprise that the wonderful Sally McDonald directed it though.

It looks like Gloria's skin cream fiasco is about to be exposed this month, FINALLY. Just when it looks like they don't want to go there, I think Jeffrey and Gloria will reunite only for Jill to find out about everything.

• Members

You forgot to mention his pimp coat. That makes him da man... :lol:

ICAM about Sabrina and Adam. There is loads of chemistry and the Sabrina actress always acts pretty flirtatious with him. I suppose those two will hit the sheets by Sabrina&Victor's wedding reception... If GC were LA, they would! :P

• Members

I'd give anything to have Kathryn Foster, Noel Maxam and Mike Denney as directors back on Y&R.

On another topic:

However, this might be just speculation. It probably is.

• Members

Since it looks like Gloria's skin cream fiasco is finally about to come out. I was thinking, what a missed opportunity this whole thing was made into, first by Latham of course. If Gloria's crime is exposed, it would impact almost the entire canvas of the show. Michael mentioned it today, the ramifications would be directly felt on Kevin, Lauren, and himself. It would also impact the entire Abbott family, since it was their business that Gloria destroyed. It also ties into Jill and Katherine, since it's their business as well and we all know what Jill thinks of Gloria right now. Finally, it even touches upon the Newman clan, since Nikki is now at Jabot and the Newman's own stalk in Jabot.

This better come out fast, the show really needs a strong umbrella story. When Bill Bell did them, they usually always had a corporate flair to them, which this story would have. We've been getting too many hints about Gloria being exposed lately, I think this is definitely the month it's coming out.

Archived