Kings: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Episode 1.2

My favorite scene was this episode was King Silas' scenes with the former(?) King in the dungeon - blackmailing him. I wonder who were in those pictures that King Silas showed the former King - I'm thinking it's Michelle and Jack, and that they really aren't Silas' kids. If that is true, then Seth (the illegitimate son) is the true heir.

Episode 1.3

I liked that we saw more of Jack in this episode and what he's going through - he's self loathing (not admitting his true feelings for his boyfriend) and spiteful (taking/releasing those pics of David with the girl).

Queen Rose is definitely a conniving bitch! I love her! I loved the dialogue in her scene with Michelle

Queen Rose: This country only works if people look up to us, not some boy. When I plan parties and force your father to sit still long enough so people can see him, it isn’t because I want it. It’s because they need it…..people like them.

Michelle: You think they need you because you choose nice china patterns.

Queen Rose: This country was nothing before it had king. It was stone-age clans at war. It’s why I designed every inch of this monarchy as I did. The colour of the flag down to, yes, the china. So they can have something larger than life to be inspired by. Decadents, kings, huge, and poorless. You think I care about ballet? They didn’t wait in line to see dancing, they came to see us, the Royal Family – we are the performance.

The scene with Reverend Samuels and King Silas was great too.

KS: Things usually go well for me. Of late my plans have restrainted (I think, couldn’t hear this word properly). I can’t lose what’s threaten tonight and it hangs by threads, by minutes. What does he want from me? Why does he act my enemy? Port-Prosperity, is that the cost? I’ll take it back, I’ll rescind the offer.

RS: I cannot tell you of God’s mind. He shares with me at his pleasure, and on the subject of Silas, he is silent.

KS: I did right by him. This land was once a place where men of faith feared to walk the streets and prayers came in whispers. I made it safe for men like you.

RS: So God owes you?

KS: If not him, you. Tell me what’s the fair trade.

RS: One offers sacrifice. According to the offence, only you can name that.

KS: Sacrifice? Has he not moved passed that yet? Give him my best. Tell him, I’ve given too much.

RS: We make amends, Silas. The pure, the unblemished…..For our sins.

KS: He wants what I will not let him take. I will not leave this on the alter and live.

RS: And you will find another lamb.

KS: No, not even God is that cruel.

(He drives and hits an animal with his car. He gets out of the car.)

KS (looking up to God): Is this what you need? Something beautiful has to die to make you happy? (He leans over and kiss the animal….then he grabs the neck and snaps it!!)

So I guess the sacrifice KS had to make was leaving Seth behind. Poor Seth! Poor Silas!

Archived