• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I just found this little gem today. It starts around 2:58 and I love the sax that plays in the background. Most likely the show used that particular score due to the fact that the character of Hamp Speakes played a sax, I guess one could call it "Hamp's Theme". Actually in other segments of this episode, the same sax can be heard in the background, but not as long like in this scene.

Edited by MichaelGL

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I know it is not daytime, but I think the ER Soundtrack (out following S1 or S2, in other words, the good early years) is still available at Amazon.com. And even if you never watched ER, the music is wonderful. (The only stuff not Marty Davich's is the main theme (James Newton Howard) and some inexplicable couple of songs by Duncan Sheik and Marc Cohn [the two vocal tracks] I had never even heard on the show.)

But the rest is all Marty Davich, and it is wonderful. I have the soundtrack, and the man knew how to set a mood. (Doug and Carol's theme is just angst set to music, for instance.)

Edited by Wendy

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I FOUND IT! I've been looking for so long for a clip with the slow version of the "Genoa City Theme" in it, always LOVED the slow version... and I finally found one! I wish this piece had made it onto the soundtack album in 1974. I want to know who I'd have to fu@k to find copies of the original background score pieces (clean copies) that weren't included on that soundtrack album. I felt the original Y&R score was the best ever done on any soap, daytime or nighttime. This is the clip, I wish we had scenes like this TODAY! The piece I'm referring to is in the first part of the scene.

Edited by alphanguy74

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Thought this was interesting: AMC composer John Wineglass has his own site: johnwineglass.net There is a "score player" at the bottom of the mainpage, and it includes A LOT of scores from AMC. Some of these are my favorites; he does a lot of good suspense pieces as well as piano pieces.

--

Here's Title 88 (The Drive at Night 2) in a scene from AMC. Interesting to note and see how a long score is mixed and edited to fit an individual scene. Check it out and compare and contrast!

--

The list:

Title 38: Sad Theme

Title 58: Pondering

Title 62: Danger Lurking

Title 63: Danger Lurking 2

Title 64: A Lonely Dark Hallway

Title 65: Mars Attack

Title 67: Circulating Spheres

Title 68: Sad Fretless 2

Title 69: Mars Attack 2

Title 70: Solitude Waters