Y&R: Week of May 19, 2008

• Members

Today's episode:

VICTOR: Sabrina, mon amour petite de hors d'euvres.

SABRINA: La toilette sent mauvais aujourdhui!

VICTOR: Mon amour! *SLURP*

ADAM: I am the best, the smartest, the hottest.

VICTORIA: I am STRONG Adam, and I will show it to you by backing down from every argument and running to my daddy.

ADAM: Bwa ha ha ha you little, useless woman.

VICTORIA: I am STRONG Adam!

ADAM: Whatever. I'm going to make a couple of deals and then go and suck face with Sabrina.

NIKKI: David, I don't trust you.

DAVID: Trust me!

NIKKI: OK.

AMBER: Daniel, I want your penis.

DANIEL: Is that all you see in me?

AMBER: No, that's all I see in ME.

NICK: The magzine's going great.

PHYLLIS: *Sigh*

SHARON: Look at me, I don't wear jeans anymore!

JACK: I make the decisions around here!

PHYLLIS: *Sigh*

NICK: This magazine is rocking!

SHARON: Look at all my designer clothes!

JACK: I hate Gloria.

PHYLLIS: Nick, I am moppy and bored and when the hell does my contract expire?

GLORIA: Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Jabot Face Cream slash Killer, Money, Money, Money, Jeff.

MICHAEL: Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria.

LAUREN: Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria.

KEVIN: Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria

JANA: Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Marriage, Murder.

LILY: Wuah, wuah, wuah

CANE: You're beautiful.

CHLOE: Barf.

DEVON: I love my sister!

ADAM: Sabrina, mon cherie.

SABRINA: Loathsome, disgusting cockroach!

ADAM: Let's suck face!

SABRINA: *SLURP!*

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really tried to see the good thing on Monday's episode, but there just wasn't anything. Sabrina and Victoria keep having the same conversations, so do Nikki and Victor. The only interesting thing was Paul's investigation, but not even that was as entertaining. I want the show to get better. But it isn't getting there.

• Members

EVERYTHING WAS LMAO but these ...

AMBER: Daniel, I want your penis.

DANIEL: Is that all you see in me?

AMBER: No, that's all I see in ME.

ADAM: I am the best, the smartest, the hottest.

VICTORIA: I am STRONG Adam, and I will show it to you by backing down from every argument and running to my daddy.

ADAM: Bwa ha ha ha you little, useless woman.

VICTORIA: I am STRONG Adam!

ADAM: Whatever. I'm going to make a couple of deals and then go and suck face with Sabrina.

GLORIA: Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Jabot Face Cream slash Killer, Money, Money, Money, Jeff.

MICHAEL: Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria.

LAUREN: Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria.

KEVIN: Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria

JANA: Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, Marriage, Murder.

... were ROTFLMAO forever.

And tears. For reals.

Genius.

• Members

I can't agree.

I do find the the Fisher-Baldwin tale a little broad...and the romantic flip flops seem more appropriate for a teen storyline. Again, I found CLB is just not "balanced"...I didn't find his dialog worthy of the near-tears he brought to his scenes. On the other hand, Rikaart's mugging over seeing his mother naked...FUN. (But they are not serving Jerry Douglas' Alistair well by making him such a bad guy....there is no long term potential here!).

But I found the gang at Restless Style fun, and I found the little groupings and conversations within amusing...this was like a classic soap "dinner party" or "cocktail party", and it was a hoot for me.

I found the little scenes with Sabrina-Sharon and Sabrina-Victor (where he says what HE would have done) intriguing. Sharon feels linked with Sabrina on outsider status. And Victor could have HELPED, but instead he is roasting his marshmallows over the head of being correct in predicting failure.

I also found Jack chilling when he let Nick get credit...but plotted to have his role known in the future, when the time is right. Conflict is coming.

I also very much liked that Paul is advancing the David Chow plot. That was fun for me.

Finally, I am really enjoying Amelia Heinle (which shocks me) in her scenes with Sabrina and Victor. I totally buy her aloof anger...but her face clearly signals that she loves and misses this couple.

Even Kay joking about being in the wrong "demographic"....

I agree with the problems of the plots on this show...forward momentum is poor, and the show is simply TOO geriatric at this point (most front burners stories feature people in their 50s and 60s...little intergenerational balance). But the individual episodes...priceless!

• Members

I'm HATING Y&R...

All I see is a bunch of s-h-i-t going on. There are no consequences, no sinister drama, no emotion, no stirring background music building to a dramatic crescendo...NOTHING.

Still, it's better than LML's 'Y&R' (I put it in quotes because it wasn't Y&R, don't fool yourself otherwise)

Things had better improve...B&B is only half an hour and it's really satisfying. I could see only spending half an hour a day on soaps...

Archived