Y&R: Week of May 19, 2008

• Members

I don't want to go off-topic... but the comments I've heard about Spyder Games were amazing. If only I had a chance to watch the entire show. I've read episode recaps for the first 25 episodes and it really was interesting.

To get back to Y&R, why is David so stupid while gambling? It was quite obvious that he gambled while watching the game with Kevin and many other people at Crimson Lights. Wouldn't he like to hide the fact that he's gambling? Or is he so deep in gambling problems that he doesn't even notice the small stuff. Or is this maybe the writers fault?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The actor who plays Danny Romalotti could not stop stroking Daniel in yesterday's (thanks, dmarex) episode. It's not something I would normally notice but it just seemed really... lingering. That, coupled with the way he looked at MG... LOL, somebody's got a crush on the Graz! Not that I blame him.

OK, what is Spyder Games? I know it was on MTV and starred Shawn Batten and Christina Whatshername from Sunset Beach, but what was it about?

• Members

The show was set in the town of Fort Kent and revolved around the wealthy Carlisle family's life, affairs, secrets, and business titled Spyder Games. Spyder Games was the family's video game company created by Boris Carlisle. Natalia, Boris' only daughter worked at the company and wanted to run it. Her brother, Ivan, also worked there. Dmitri, Boris' golden child, moved to L.A. and came back to the show for his brother wedding to Julie and stayed to solve his father's murder. The youngest Carlisle, Sasha, wanted nothing to do with the company. He wanted to become a rock star and the only one who supported him in that was Natalia. After Boris' death, Natalia (played by Shawn batten) gladly took over the company after changing her father's testimony with a help from a friend. Ivan married Julie, but he was hiding a huge secret (being gay). Dmitri started a relationship with Daphne Wallace, but their love was threatened by Taylor Jones (played by Christina Chambers). I haven't read the rest of the show yet.

• Members
Created by Valerie Ahern and Christian McLaughlin, and written by those two + Sally Sussman Morina. Other writers include Peter S. Alexander, David Kreizman, James LaRosa, Bruce Neckles and Loren Segan.

• Members

Thanks!

Wow, Christian McLaughlin's bio and cult-film interests were not what I expected from a Y&R writer. :lol: I guess I had this image of a married, suburban Illinois-dwelling 40-something. I love his kudos in naming Nicole Kidman on his "So Lucky To Be Working" list. ITA!

Spyder Games looked like it was a huge riot. Like Sunset Beach (if SuBe had focused on the Richards), only naughtier.

• Members

i know. i love that man.

the best part of spyder games is it did camp well without slapping soaps int he face like passions. they also would bring up soaps. Daphnie & Taylor were at Ivan & Julies wedding and Daphanie said something about it being as grad as Victor Newman's weddings. Taylor, the bad girl, would ask herself in a tough spot 'What Would Sami Brady Do?'

It also had one of the Go-Go's on recurring and Tracey E Bregman was on a few episodes as well.

Archived