Y&R: Week of May 19, 2008

• Members

These past few episodes revolving around remembering Cassie have been very well written and effective. The characters are all being themselves, but they all remember who Cassie was and what she meant to them. I remember how Latham tried to remember Cassie last year and glossed over a lot of things. Hell, I think she only allowed Nick and Sharon to remember the event in one episode, though they were planning that "Cassie's Challenge" event over the course of a few episodes.

Anyway, the other storylines need some work. However, the characterizations are all there. As brimike said in another thread, all Y&R really needs is a push in the right direction. Face it, the plotting might be all off right now, but no Latham-style damage is being done to the show.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're right. Y&R may be boring as hell...but no long term damage. No character assassination. Nothing LML esque.

However, the ratings erosion to the boredom is dangerous. Y&R needs a BIG push, I hope Hogan, by the grace of God, can do it!

• Members

The scene of Sharon at Cassie's grave is now on youtube:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8yBDnkrgmew

It starts like 3 minutes and 10 seconds into the clip. Sharon Case was so understated in the this scene, truly one of the best scenes this show has produced in a while. I also loved that they played "Cassie's Them," the same music that played throughout the episode where Cassie died, a nice nod to history. I especially love this clip because there's so much heart to it, something you don't find often on soaps anymore. Y&R used to be full of it, and it appears to be slowly coming back into the fabric of the show for which I'm glad.

• Members

I have to admit that this was a great scene. And even though I do not like the character of Sharon, I couldn't help but feel for her, especially when she put the teddy bear under her head and layed on Cassie's headstone.

• Members

Contrary what many of you seem to think, I found Wednesday’s show (following a rather dull the previous day, admittedly) utterly amazing: David scheming to hide his debts from Nikki and the intro to another round of Newman Enterprises vs. Jabot Cosmetics...

A prime example why it is so unbelievable how LML could ruin this show at warp speed: a rather slow episode with extra long scenes and few quick cuts, yet the more classic scores = must-see TV. What you got was a great built-up for tension as it was revealed to Victor and us that Adam bought a rotten tomato for NE leading to likely face-off in court with Jabot... I for one can’t wait to see more of this story and even the previews for the next day were beyond exciting (I start sympathizing with Amber who used to be ultra-annoying and hateable in GC!). So I’m looking forward to seeing Thurs and Fri shows - especially re: Cassie.

BTW: The writers for Wednesday were all LML’s pets, still I don’t believe for a single second that either of those THREE (Stanley, Meals and what’shisname) wrote much of that now aired. Considering that both Rex M. Best and Janice Ferri Esser were usually in task as soon as Y&R went to legal stuff I’m betting my money (asking David Chow for advise here! LOL!) on either of them for overwriting the officially credited writers’s script...

Archived