ATWT: Chris Goutman Interview in SOD - Boy he doesn't care about the fans.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow!

I liked Scott Holroyd but when Roger came on initially, I was blown away. He had great chemistry with Martha and Cady (initially, of course) and I totally bought all those storylines because they seemed to be based on strong characters and their follies LOL.

Now? Not so much.

• Members

^^^^I should clarify, before I start a fan war. A lot of fans were pissed Holroyd was fired for "lack of story", then Howarth was snapped up to play Paul a month later. While there have been moments I've seen some spark to Howarth's Paul, he's certainly NOT the "dark" Paul the writers claimed they couldn't find in Holroyd.

• Members

That's so true. I, too, was confused by his abrupt exit, especially since there was much fanfare when the character returned. He was tender when on screen but I think he would have been capable of being dark without being flashy (coughTrevorSt.Johncough, as Roger loves to do. Why do TPTB need such flashy leads? There are many ways to play dark and IMO, it's always better to play a quieter more deceptive dark character because they're far creepier.

Roger had the potential to be dark, especially with his hatred for Barbara and the reintroduction of James Stenbeck a few years back. Talk about motivation to do cruel and unusual things. And his rivalry against Hunt Block's Craig was delicious. So, I wouldn't blame Paul's pathetic displays over the last 3 or so years solely on Roger, especially with Passante and Goutman at the helm.

• Members

I know it's a different network, but heck even ABC has interns that peruse the net on certain boards to gauge viewer reaction to things, so online viewers must count in some aspect.

Goutman seriously needs to STFU. He thinks his ish don't stink. I can't wait for the day he's out on his ear

• Members

Would Goutman listen to fans if they told him his [!@#$%^&*] (i.e. ATWT) was the best ever? If they loved all the executive decisions he's made since taken over? If they tell him how they side with him on the Martha issue and felt he did the right thing? I'm sure he would. He's afraid of the truth. While he definitely shouldn't cater to the online audience, he damn sure shouldn't dismiss their opinion either. That alone shows an arrogance and shows how out of touch he is.

Trust me, I won't be sad if his ass is canned. I'm convinced he's got pictures of someone high at PGP with a goat or pig and holding it over their head.

Archived