Madonna - Hard Candy [2008]

Sylph

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Paul Oakenfold is co-producing with Madonnna two of the three new tracks on her next Greatest Hits album. Since he's primarily a House/Progressive Trance remixer/producer, I would expect something of similar nature. Madonna, regardless of how many genres she's experimented with, is a dance artist after all. Oakenfold told Attitude magazine that the tracks he produced with Madonna are called "Broken (I'm Sorry)" and "Celebrate". He stated the new music is "lyrically classic Madonna with an edgy modern sound."

• Members

Is this just going to be another GH album of recent songs, or a REAL one? That's one thing that Madonna is sorely missing from her catalog now, is a comprehensive, 2 disc Anthology set with ALL her hits. That original Immaculate collection was a ripoff, in that although there was plenty of room on the CD at the time, that disc didn't include "Where's The Party", "Angel", or "True Blue".

• Members

Yes, I believe it will be a comprehensive GH album with all of her hits.

The Immaculate Collection, though it didn't contain all of her hits and some songs were re-mixed, is such a definitive album. It summed up an era of pop music, and it remains the best selling compilation album ever by a female artist.

• Members

Great, that is something I will buy. I just hope that it includes the album version of "Borderline" with the extended bridge. I failed to mention that "Dress You Up" wasn't on immaculate collection, either. If this GH is done right, it will sell like hotcakes... like the 2 disc Elton John compilation that came out about 5 years ago.

Archived