Twin Peaks Discussion Thread

dm.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I finished the second season recently and, barring the first few episodes after the Laura Palmer story ended, I absolutely loved it.

The Catherine/Joan story, with all its twists and turns was so deliciously soapy.

The Lucy's baby story was great fun. I never knew Ian Buchanan could be so amazing.

Nadine's amnesia/adrenaline strength was totally ripped off from OLTL with Jessica. Lynch/Frost should sue.

I really liked the actress that conned James. She should have been picked up to be on a soap. Fiercely sexy.

Honestly, once the story with Windom Earl picked up steam I was instantly hooked again and went through the episodes pretty rapidly. Poor Leo is STILL holding that string by his teeth. :lol:

It pisses me off we couldn't get a real ending. I refuse to believe, my favourite character, Audrey died in that explosion. Refuse! She was too awesome for words to meet her maker. We need more women like that on TV.

And Jesus Christ, was Madchen Amick stunningly beautiful or what? She was retarded hot!

I was surprised to see Heather Graham show up. I never knew she was on this show.

And that whole sequence at the Black Lodge was crazy. But that end scene with Coop know being possessed by Bob. I WANT A THIRD SEASON DAMN IT!

Kyle MacLachlan has never had a better since Twin Peaks. I only really knew him from SATC and DH, where he didn't really register too much for me, but now, I'm a total fan of his.

And on a shallow note, Sheriff Truman, James and Bobby Briggs were damn sexy. :)

• Members

Ha! But I don't think it does really--to me at the last minute they decided Lost was about something else than I assumed it was. (Putting it basically). Twin Peaks was always meant to be about the quirky weird town, with the murder just used as an excuse--Lynch and Frost even made that clear in early interviews. When the network told them to hurry up and solve it they had toruble coming up with a similar "carrot" to lure viewers in, but still stayed true to their vision. Well except that one storyline... gah

• Members

Forget the murder mystery, no one is talking about that MacGuffin. I'm talking about a cursed forest, a parallel universe, demonic possessions, symbolism of dreams... They betrayed their own vision; no matter how much they claim it, it wasn't a show about an American town.

Archived