ATWT tidbits

• Members

Roger D. posted this on his board ...we love the soaps

"I've seen one person say they know who it is but can't say until it is released on Friday or Monday. They implied we were going to HATE it with a passion."

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This post may come off a bit mean-spirited :P I would love to see Susan Haskell play the role. She's brilliant. Now, here's a list of actresses that should never, EVER be considered as recasts on soaps:

Christina Chambers - put the most simplistic, one-note spin on one of One Life's most complex and legendary characters.

Tracy Melchior - has the stage presence of a goat.

Jennifer Bransford - plays whatever the scene calls for without building a character.

• Members

You know what's funny, Christina Chambers's name was familiar but I couldn't remember until I read again "one-note spin" and realized it was OLTL's Marty '07. Jesus. That woman can really drive the spirit out of every character she plays.

When she replaced Leslie Kay at ATWT in 2004, I was like, "who the $#&* is this?" because it certainly wasn't Molly. And they were just finishing some spectacle of a storyline that demanded much more spirit than Christine delivered. By the time it was over, she was on the, "I need to leave town to clear my head" depression/depressing ish. Leslie Kay's Molly had issues but she wasn't depressing.

Anyway, you're totally right about her. And Tracy Melchior was another "hit the snooze button" actress. The AIDS story on B&B really should've been much more endearing if anyone who could act played it.

Archived