OLTL: Week of March 3rd

• Members

I think ti's more than just a history with rape though--Todd's whole view of sex is about power--even to an extent when he has loving sex with Blair and all. I wonder if in his mind he can truly equate sex with anything else and see, especially when it's fromt he female pov, it as anything but a man layign some sort of attack or power on a female...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, what a way to ruin Todd. I was a fan before but absolutely hate him now. Beating up 2 teenage boys is NOT cool. And he took a swing at Langston yesterday. Him, attacking her and making that comment about her dead parents was low and cruel. I want Blair to divorce him and for Dorian to throw him out. I dont want Starr anywhere near him

I feel a ton of sympathy for Starr. That was a traumatic experience. Your first time is supposed to be special and to have your father barge in on you naked and then proceed to get ugly and violent and nearly kil your boyfriend is horrible.

• Members

TnB are the Sonny and Carly of OLTL unfortunetly. Ive actually been liking Blair lately and I loved her standing up to Todd. It would be great if she at least seperated from him and focused on her children and let him get his head together bc he has clearly lost it. He's too unstable to be around Starr after all that violence and rage he exhibited

• Administrator

You're right about Todd thinking of his past sins, but he also thought Cole raped Starr.

I'm watching the scenes again (because it's good!!).....and Todd says, "I need to know exactly how he did it......I need to know the exact nature of [something....there was a lot of yelling]...so I know what to tell the police......Were they more people or was it just him?"

Back at the house:

Todd: "I'm gonna call the cops and you're going to make a statement to the police."

Blair: "You're not going to call anybody, Todd!!"

Todd: "YES, I AM!! Cole is going to be arrested.....all of this is gonna be over tonight!"

Starr: "What are you talking about? Cole didn't do anything wrong."

Todd: "Oh yes he did. He raped you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Starr runs to her room:

Blair: "I know that you don't like what you walked in on, but if you ever raise your hand to our daughter again, you'll never see any of your children, you here me?"

Todd: "That son-of-a-bitch... I knew it.....I knew it just looking at him he was trouble. I should've kept them apart.....and now he's attacked her."

Blair: "That is not what happened."

Todd: "That is what happened!"

Blair: "No it isn't!"

Todd: "Yes, that is what happened! This person took my daughter to an abandoned house, against her will, where he figured no one would discover his brutal crime, and HE RAPED HER! PERIOD! Did you see her?!! Did you see her......how emotional she was......she's been traumatized by this."

Blair: "You need to face reality, Todd."

Todd: "I'll give you a little reality. If Cole Thornhart ever goes near Starr again, I'm gonna kill him."

I love the whole psychological issue of this drama as it deals with Todd's history.

• Members

That was a laugh out loud moment as was Todd's orphan annie comment :lol:

Gotta agree, and I also think there is more to this story...maybe we will see Todd face those demons from him raping Marty. I doubt we will see a soft side to Todd but a deeper Todd.

I also think this experience will put a strain on Todd/Starr's bond. No longer will we see daddy's little whiny girl....my bet is that we see a BITCHY Starr again!! :D

So John got to play hero again in that last scene beating down Todd!! While it was an EXCELLENT ending but would have been better if it had been Nora. I just get tired of McBain to the rescue.

Oh yeah and ummm did anyone catch Todd grab Cole's genitals??!!! I was surprised Cole got up so fast after that! lol

• Members

Are they going to once and for all make Todd face his rape demons head on? If so, I can get by the angle they're shooting for--if it just ends up him wanting to not face Starr coming of age in his own, violent, crazy way than it'll be worthless. I have faith it's the former considering how simple and historic the storytelling has been of late.

I like Lindsey--never thought I would.

I'm ready for what's ahead tomorrow and Friday. I'm enjoying the Gigi/Rex interactions and the Jared/Natalie/Jess/Nash stuff is beginning to become the highlight of the show.

• Members

I do not think todd honestly thought cole raped her. Todd seen starr, his daughter, with a boy. He flashed back in his head to marty as a teenager, who is coles mother, and how he raped her. he assumed it, and had no reason to do so. he flew off the handle and lost it, i understand it and where he was coming from because of the state of mind he was in, However it does not make it okay.

Also, i would have understood if he had punched the kid. thats a normal reaction, not okay, but whatever. However todd didnt hit him, he BEAT him down.

hopefully this leads to todd dealing with what the rape did to him. not just a plot point.

• Members

The drama with the Mannings was the highlight of yesterday's episode. The scenes between Starr and Todd were INTENSE. The Starr and Blair scenes were also another highlight. It was so in character for Todd to suspect that Cole raped Starr. I'm liking this unexpected twist.

• Members

Phew, as harsh as it was, I liked Natalie asking Charlie all of those questions. But, she could have been just a little more tactful. That swapping spit comment was ewwww...And I'm with Charlie I want Viki to start asking him all those hard questions, she can't really think that he only has ONE secret, I mean look at her past. I wonder if she feels he's keeping something from her deep down.

I love that they are taking Todd back to being Todd. He's evil. He's ruthless. This is Todd. He's a major ass, but I love watching him with this kind of edge to him.

Honestly, I need a break from Starr. For me, I just don't feel her in this part of the story. I don't know if its because of KA or its because of all the screaming. I just don't feel her.

Nora and Clint - I'm still on that fence where these two are concerned. They haven't grown on me quite yet.

I so want Jared and Natale together. Stop the lies.

Archived