Days: Why Was Louise Sorel fired?

• Members

Why do you think where the real reason Louise Sorel who played Vivian Alamain from 1992 to 2000 where fired from the show in 2000, where it because that Days after being an adult soap, where turned into a teensoap in late 1999, early 2000, where it because they where thinking that sixty year old Louise where to old, or where it another reason?, anyone knows the real reason, what do you all think?......

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It didn't help matters that Louise Sorel, by her own admission, can be a difficult actress. I think Ken Corday (and at that time wasn't Tom Langan the EP as well?) grew very tired of her. Fabulous actress but probably a bit of a bitch. It didn't help that the show brought in a whack of teens that pushed her out the door.

• Members

Back during that time, Langan pretty much admitted getting rid of characters like Mike/Carrie in 99, Vivian/Ivan in '00 and later Lucas in '01 that they could use their salaries for teens. It wasn't that he said EXACTLY that but it's basically what he was implying.

• Members

They did give Vivian an entire episode focused on her, though. But personally, I would have watched the Alamains and Kiriakises any day over the teens, "Spring Fling" and Tropical Hallucination or whateverthef*ck that story was called.

• Members

You're right, they did give Vivian an episode that was solely about her and it goes down in my books as the most sentimental soap exit. It was really nicely done. I think TPTB knew how beloved Louise Sorel was and decided to give her the classy exit she deserved even though I have no doubt she was exceptionally difficult to work with.

• Members

IA. The episode manage to sum up everything the audience loved (and loved to hate) about Vivian. LS's scenes with Lauren Koslow were especially intense. Plus we got to see a practically naked Victor Webster -- always a plus in my book!

Best of all was the close up on a happy Vivian and her loyal Ivan who had won the lottery and finally felt worthy of romancing his "Madame."

Archived