Y&R: Week of February 18th

• Members

Kay's reaction to Hope's death, Victor calling Kay, and Nikki & Kay were the standout scenes in yesterday's show. Especially Kay struggling with tears as she waited for Amber to leave so she could break down. A realistic touch, I thought.

What is this Sabrina story? I'm intrigued.

Jana: "I spent a long time in jail..." WTF? Quirky must have spent two months at most before she talked her way into the hospital. It was the tumor that made me bad!

Plus I'm not digging Jana's Eliza Dolittle inflection. It seems a little forced to me.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is one of the few cases where I tolerate such kind of contrievance writing and am totally indifferent. I've said it for the longest time and will say it again that Emily O'Brian is too damn fine as an actress to be shipped off and I'd love to see her in the right story one day.

Jana playing matchmaker is fun but that's nothing compared to Jana going psycho again which would be my route for the character. This time however done right and as a complex Sheila-like character for instance when Kevin ditches Jana for the REAL Colleen...

Speaking of which: Seriously, she does not have a story. She probably is not the worst actress in this sun system. Yet, AwfulFauxAustralianColleen annoys the hell out of me in the smallest and tidsy tiniest scenes she's getting. AwfulFauxAustralianColleen makes Lily & Cane (another irker for me) look like "Casablanca"-worthy material. Adrianne Leon where art thou?

• Members

Speaking of Phyllis, Michael Stafford looks so f-u-c-k-i-n-g BORED these days. I can so tell she hates the character destruction Latham bestowed upon Phyllis. No way in hell is Phyllis supposed to be this happy homemaker character. That relationship with Nick has hurt Phyllis 10 fold....

They might have had some sexual chemistry in the beginning, but they're boring as hell as a couple. When the next Head Writer comes, I hope they break Nick and Phyllis up and give Phyllis back her sorely missed sass. Damn, it annoys me to see Stafford look so uncomfortable in scenes.

• Members

She does not looked bored to me. The intention seems to be to have Phyllis look a bit uncomfortable and insecure around Sharon in this new venture so that accounts for all of the faces and discomfort.

Michelle has been clear that she does not want to play the same character all the time. There has been a change in Phyllis since she has been with Nick but I do think they are in the midst of creating a new story a arc for Phyllis that includes Nick and Vic Jr. All couples can't be in high tension mode all the time. There has to be some valleys to the hills. Phyllis has been in high drama mode for so long, it is good for her to have some down time. And with MS's illness, it is probably best that way.

I have no doubt that sass is in her future. But I am just fine with the character taking a bit of a break and just being chill as she develops this new magazine.

• Members

^It's not just her scenes with Sharon, it's her scenes with almost everyone. She seems to have taken the "Oh, OK" approach to acting and doesn't seem satisfied with what Y&R's been dishing out to her to play for the last year or so.

I don't care for Nick and Phyllis as a couple, other than the affair, they've been sorely boring as a couple. I hope somewhere down the line they'll be over and Summer is really Jack's spawn...

• Members

I liked today's episode but not as much as the previous too. LOVED Victor telling Nick about Vic Jr. in order to make him jealous and like it that Brad is back at Jabot. The scenes between Cane and Brad were very nice. Now, they should do it. Ah, I can dream can't I?

Anyways, loved the music while David was voicing his doubts about Brad in Jabot--hadn't heard that wonderful piece of music for quite some time.

The Gloria/Jeff stuff is still interesting to me, can't wait to see what happens in the end? Has Jeff replaced the poison with a more lethal one, or is it just water? It was also nice to see Michael and Lauren again.

Oh, and it seems as if Vic Jr. may be coming to town after all.

I didn't read the spoiler about Ji Min, but I'm GLAD it's ending! I hope this fast pace is happening so that the Latham stories can disappear as soon as possible. The future looks really good with Vic Jr. in town, hope something good happens with that story.

Any idea when we will know about the next Head-Writer(s)?

• Members

Another divine week on Y&R.

Jeanne Cooper makes Adrienne Frantz step up her game like she used to at B&B and suddenly Amber becomes quite tolerable as a character. The scenes after Kay's phone call with Victor were wonderful.

Victor Jr is fantastic! Great actor, good casting with Eric Braeden and Signey Coleman (as in he looks passably like a mix of the two)...nice chemistry with Braeden. The future looks bright for this character. Keep at it Chris Engen!

I do agree with Y&RWorldTurner, Michelle Stafford does look bored. Phyllis needs to get her balls back (ditto Jill).

And let me just say that I actually love the character of Jeff Bardwell. I can't believe I'm typing this but I think the character is fantastic and hysterical and I actually sort of buy his affection for Gloria. Well played Ted Shackelford, I hated you as William but I'm loving you as Jeff.

I really think the magazine story with Sharon, Jack, Nick & Phyllis is going to be good, hopefully it will have the same impact Brash & Sassy did back in the 90s and will be a solid B story performer.

The music is back and I'm loving that, the pacing is better, just everything is better.

• Members

You know what else I've noticed? NO MORE GLORIA PROPPING! Under Latham, Michael and Sharon would be on Gloria's side cheering her on as she lives in the Abbott mansion. However, both told her today that she should live elsewhere and Michael even said, "It's Jack's home!"

you know Latham is gone when that happens...

Archived