Y&R: Week of February 18th

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today was another solid eppy. Loved when Gloria started to "choke" and Jeff just kept on eating. :lol: I'm gonna love her downfall.

Vic is already causing drama and he just now stepped foot in Genoa City. I honestly think Victoria will have the most difficulty with him being in town than Nick unless Vic just pursues Phyllis even after he finds out she's married to his brother.

• Members

I loved Friday's episode, so much interaction...

I really liked the vibes between Phyllis and Victor Jr, I mean Adam (lol). Phyllis seemed to have some spark again, which I really haven't seen in a while.

I really liked the split screen ending, with Victor and Victor Jr. on one side and Nick and Victoria on the other side. Monday's show should be interesting, especially when Victor Jr. meets Fauxtoria.

I also really loved the background music used in Friday's episode. It was back to the old/classical Y&R underscores.

• Members

They are a boring couple, even more since Phyllis is basically now a nice girl instead of the vamp that she's supposed to be. If they're going to stay together they need something interesting to do besides have sloppy, smelly, sofa sex all the time. BTW, is that the same sofa that they allow their guests to sit on? If so, I wonder how often they have that thing cleaned? LOL! Anyway, I expect Vic (Adam) to really get under his big brother's skin and it's going to be sweet to see Nick go even further into jealous mode.

• Members

I like the vibes as well. It's not romantic for Phyllis but it seems Adam is smitten. If they really wanted this pairing to be romantic, I think they would have cast an actor who was not about three inches shorter than Michelle Stafford. She's going to have to take those heels off to let him look her in the eye. :lol:

• Members

Finally! She still knows what acting is. For the very first time since she joined Y&R Adrienne Frantz did positively impress and remind me of her partially very good B&B days. How Amber tried to console a heartbroken Kay who just learnt of Hope’s death was exquisite.

Dame Cooper gave a grande performance herself of course.

Have still Wed-Fri left for me but I really enjoy Y&R these days. It could be better in terms of pacing but at least it FEELS like Y&R - story-wise, acting-wise, look-wise. THis couldn't be said for the show in 2007 at all.

JT and Comatoria still bore me tears, BTW. Whatever. They are even more nauseating than Nick & Phyllis which should be hard to accomplish. I like their business venture with Jack & Sharon though. Nick & Phyllis are okay as friends but that's were it ends. I also don't see Phyllis with Vic. The real Phyllis would have eaten such boys for breakfast.

• Members

It's been a really solid week and a very satisfying watch. Y&R is the first show I catch up on now. With good reason. Not sure who mentioned about the incidental music going back to the "old" sophsticated chords of the pre-LML days, but ITA. It makes the show familiar and ups the intrigue in a way that LML's whiney college rock choices never could.

I don't know what to make of VicAdam and Phyllis but I'm not sure that's the point. As the previews for Monday showed, VicAdam's arrival is going to throw a lot of characters off and could potentially play in many different SLs. How will Nikki react? Kay, who has been Victor's confidante of late? I'm pretty sure how Nicholas will take his arrival, but I'm most intrigued about Victoria's reaction. Will Victoria/VicAdam be the real rivalry at NE?

sheilaforever, ITA about JToria. However, this no-friends/they're-all-in-Europe/Sabrina theme has me interested in what Victoria's going to do next. And that's saying something considering she was such a Boretoria last year.

Archived