ATWT: January 23 Episode

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What I liked: 1) Dusty got a funeral, unlike Hal Munson. 2) Allison gave a touching tribute to the man who saved her life. 3) Meg, Lily, Lucinda, Holden were all there, characters who go back with Dusty to the mid-Eighties. What I didn't like: 1) No mention of John Dixon, the man who raised Dusty like a son? 2) Dusty was a businessman, but only 11 people were at his funeral...a few extras couldn't be hired to fill up the pews? 3) Important people from Dusty's past couldn't send flowers or messages, i.e. Lucy, Molly? On a humorous note, isn't this the third time Emily has made a big entrance at a memorial service? It's always the same...the service is under way, someone is speaking, the doors are flung open, a hush falls over the church...IT'S EMILY! Her funeral-crashing is second only to the Hubbard Squash as an ATWT tradition!

• Members

I didn't like the service, other than Ali's speech. (I thought Barbara was supposed to speak?) It was nice that Will stifled his attitude for Barbara and went with her; Lucinda's little speech was nice. But it just felt flat. I mean, how many times have I seen Em stutter and cry over a lost man? Why wasn't Noah there?? Regardless of Luke's feelings, Dusty had gone out of his way to help Noah deal with the aftermath of his father's crimes.

LOL...I can't believe that Margo and Dallas managed to find a spare moment that the farm wasn't bursting at the seams with people. And obviously, Dallas was taking great care while tearing up Emma's kitchen. Even the kitchen towels were perfectly folded.

• Members

I work alone. :D

Having only seen the first few acts after several tries because watching later on cbs.com is a pain in the ass, I was still able to make a few observations.

How in the world could Lucinda claim to have known Dusty longer than anyone at the funeral? Dusty was a boy in the days of Barbara, James, Ariel, Gunnar, John and Karen - long before she and Lily set foot in town. :rolleyes:

I thought I had a hearing problem when Gwen told the babysitter she and Will would have their phones OFF for the duration of the service! While their newborn is in someone else's care! Not on vibrate, OFF. Oh, and "Hallie wanted some fresh air?" For real? A kid with just a few weeks of life under her belt expressed the need to escape a stuffy house for awhile, in January? If Sophie can do any better, by all means, give the child back. Then again, she's asking for the sitter's credentials instead of whisking Hallie out of the cold, pronto. <_<

How long does Barbara expect to let her persona be tainted by bad dental work? The most intuitive women in her life are noticing a problem, but still no acknowledgment from Will or Paul. It's likely that Gwen will mention it to her hubby, though. Do these guys at least notice when their spouses change hair colors? :huh: I hope we're going for a hat trick with Kim hearing the lisp next. You have to pull together in times of crisis, kiddo.

Emily's crying is one of the best things Kelley Menighan Hensley brings to her character. I used to LOVE it when Em would have panic attacks and freak out like nobody's business.

Archived