2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

I hope this is okay, and not a violation. If it is, please accept my apologies, and I will either delete this or expect SON to. I also know this is kind of random, but since it pleases me I thought it might also please some of you (e.g., Toups for your archive?).

For educational and historical purposes--not for profit and fair use--I am linking thumbnails of images that are stored on another site. (Click through for full sizes). These are NOT hosted on the SON board.

These are (often vintage) pictures of past and current Y&R/B&B writers. (I also have many producers/directors if desired). At bottom, I also have a few of the "greats"

Kay Alden

Photobucket

Kay Alden with Natalie Minardi Slater

Photobucket

Bill Bell Jr.

Photobucket

Bill Bell Sr with Jerry Birn

Photobucket

Bradley Bell

Photobucket

Janice Ferri Esser

Photobucket Photobucket

Eric Freiwald

Photobucket

Jim Houghton

Photobucket

Jerry Birn

Photobucket

Trent Jones

Photobucket

Lee Bell

Photobucket

Joshua McCaffrey

Photobucket

Michael Minnis

Photobucket Photobucket

Patrick Mulcahey

Photobucket

Rex M. Best

Photobucket Photobucket

Agnes Nixon

Photobucket

Bill Bell Sr.

Photobucket

Elaine Carrington

Photobucket

the Hummerts

Photobucket

Frank and Doris Hursley

Photobucket

Irna Phillips

Photobucket Photobucket

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Directing was also a strong asset to Y&R's team, so do any of you think there's a chance Kathryn Foster, Noel Maxam and Mike Denney might find their way back to their home? I would really love to have them back. I usually don't care much about directing, and all these new directors do a good job, but still...

Also, I can't wait to hear who was the remaining writer fired...

• Members

Bradley needs to give a good 2 to 4 of those writers back to Y&R, they're doing nothing over at B&B. Then they can focus on trying to get back McCaffrey, Jones, and Bible, etc.

Also, why isn't David Shaughnessy back at Y&R as EP yet? Sony/Bell needs to beg to get him back.

• Members

The only way I can see one or two of them back is if they get David Shaughnessy back as EP. He was close to Kathryn Foster, in fact, he made her a producer on Y&R, she was only a director on the show prior to that.

But no way are any of those people leaving Ed Scott behind to come and work for Josh Griffith and other Y&R newbiews. The only way I see them gone is if Corday goes on another firing spree, or if Ed Scott has had enough of Corday's BS and quits and they all follow suit.

But really, even though good directing is nice, it's the writing that matters. Good directing won't save bad stories.

But still, it should be a crime for Kathryn Foster to direct stories written by Dena Higley.

Archived