2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Administrator

34 people reading this thread? Damn, they really want to know, eh. LOL

Well, the thing is....I can only reveal 6 right now. The other 1, I'll have to wait a little longer. ;)

I'm pretty sure this comes as no surprise to many people:

Y&R

- Valerie Ahern & Christian McLaughlin OUT

- Darin Goldberg & Shelley Meals OUT

- Cherie Bennett & Jeff Gottesfeld OUT

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

FINALLY! This almost makes up for the news that Amanda Beall is joining the show.

I'm with you, but there's no room to be sympathetic. Let them all kick rocks.

Thanks for the scoop Toups! I'm feeling more positive about Y&R every minute.

• Members

I hope that one will be Scott Hamner. <_<

Most are scriptwriters, as I suspected.

I guess this is just the begining of Y&R reshaping it's writing team? I assume more will come and go by the end of the summer.

I'm also hoping for better breakdown writers too. James Stanley is another Latham cronie that needs to GO!

Thanks for the scoops, Toupsy!

And :lol: at Cherie Bennett & Jeff Gottesfeld being fired. I remember how they were the first ones back from the strike and how they made a fuss about their "friends" being fired.

• Members

Even with Y&R's writing team now knocked down to 15 writers, they still need a smaller staff. I'm hoping for at least 10-12 writers at the end of it all, but I know it's probably not likely.

HAHA, I just love how all of Latham's cronies are being fired. Makes me feel warm inside. :)

• Administrator

There's only two LML writers left: Scott Hamner and James Stanley. Will they both go? Or one? Or they'll stay? We'll see!

Well....Corday is the EP.....he doesn't know how to manage his budget (ie: paying for 4 head writers at once). Idiot.

• Members

It will be Stanley. For whatever reason, they are valuing Hamner's work (spokesperson, apparently writing coordinator).

I was right on the other 6 (I realize it didn't take a genius), so let me go for 100%

Thank you very much, Toups!

• Members

You know, now that the LML influence is gone from the show, I wouldn't mind if they took their time in firing Hamner and Stanley. They're powerless and they'll contribute very little to the "new and improved" Y&R.

They both definitely need to go though.

I suspect James Stanley will be the first one to go. I think Hamner warmed his way up to Maria Arena Bell and Josh Griffith's dear friend, hence why they let him give previews last month. However, he has no creative power and has been demoted.

Y&R can hire some better breakdown/AHW's though.

And are we forgetting that Hamner was Latham's Co-HW? His contract cycle must be much longer than the other lower-level writers that Latham hired.

Archived