TV Guide Canada : Soapers of 2007

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kyle Lowder & Austin Peck huge talents.....lmfao.....I don't think so. I agree with what he said about Guza, ABC, CBS, Latham, McTavish, Ed Scott, Ali, Tuck, Stuart & Phil. But he's way overboard on John Brotherton(Jared, OLTL), he's a good actor, but he's not the best thing since Jessica Tuck. Several other actors would fit that better than Brotherton---including Jon-Paul Lavoisier, Dan Gauthier, Melissa Archer & Bree Williamson & Forbes March! Also, he's absolutely wrong about Nathaniel Marston. I think enough is enough and Marston got what he deserved. He needs to seek professional help for his mental issues and drug dependency issues as well.

• Administrator

This is going to be fun! :lol:

Suck up #1

It's only been 3 full months and all of a sudden Ron is the next Douglas Marland? Easy there!! How about waiting a year or two before putting him the same catergory as Marland and Irna? For a taboild reporter.......eerrrr.....I mean...."journalist"......I've never seen a "journalist" suck up so much to a writer. Someone definitely wants a "job".....one way or the other.

If the strike goes on for a long time and if Gary Tomlin's material raises the ratings, you can wave bye to Ron as HW!

Suck up#2

Suck up #3

Brian Frons is exactly what's wrong with daytime. And now he's destroying SoapNet.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH :lol:

Thanks for the laugh, Nelson "The Straw" Branco.

• Members

I really, really like what RC is doing with OLTL. But I think it's very dangerous for the soap press to praise him to that degree. I mean, he's only been HW for a few months. Let's see what's happening in a year.

I also have a major problem with his comments about Nathaniel Marston. This was not NM's first offense. His past behavior suggests that this is a man who is filled with compulsive rage that he cannot control. I've lived with someone with extreme, violent rage, and it's horrible. No one should have to put up with that. If he was bringing his anger in to work, this coworkers should not have to deal with that. I'm pleased with TPTB, actually, for drawing the line.

KS did something terrible, but I think it's a very different case. Drunk driving is a horrible, stupid, selfish thing to do. But she's young, and a first time offender. That isn't an excuse, but it's an explanation. And it may well never happen again.

And besides, that's the kind of thing that will not effect her conduct at work terribly much.

• Members

ITA. NM was bringing his problems to work - he should have been let go for that - and OL did get a lot of mention in the press with this, thats not good PR. KS did something terrable and stupid - and yes GH's name was in the press, but alot of press used Disney Star moreso. Also GH did "punish" her by not letting/having her go to PR events and interviews and cutting her airtime for quite awhile there.

okay, well i reread my last post and it did come off rather austin peck is god-ish, lol.

i dont think he isd this incerdable powerhouse actor. however i do think he is quite good and better than a lot of actors out there right now. as for him being worthy of a MVP type shout out, IDK. i mean, he is kinda the only the saving grace about the horrid storyline on ATWT.

and i disagree - i think a lot of soap actors phone it in.

Kyle Lowder - now thats another story. Hes about as great as Ron Moss and Drake H. - and that aint so great.

• Members

I disagree quite a bit with him usually and I do so here in this article as well. He is a jackass and shows that here but does make some decent points along the way, including in this article. His Days ones are on the money excpet for Hogan being forced to have EJ rape Sami. It is quite clear IMO that was all Hogan and Corday is the one that forced him to backtrack on that. The OLTL ones are justified but his love for Ron Carliavti is way over the top. I like him too but wow...the man isn't Shakesphere.

Kudos to him calling out NBC on it's treatment of Days too.

Archived