AMC: Are there more changes happening?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's too soon to begin speculating about a headwriter change. While there are some predictions that B&E won't be back after the strike, it's all too premature because I certainly don't think Frons was looking at replacements before the strike, and he certainly isn't negotiating with striking writers now. And for crying out loud, Frons was stupid enough to hire McTavish back for the third time (but I understand his point-of-view), but he's not stupid enough to hire her back for the fourth time. I have no doubt Brian and Megan got along great personally but he saw first hand how wildly unpopular she is with fans, her poor ratings performance, and her unbearably destructive last several months on the show. I would say that last winter fans had never been angrier about the state of the show and it just so happens she was fired at the end of February. Coincidence? Probably not. Yeah, he said she was "just burnt out," but please, it's called being diplomatic. Guza is hacking away at it longer than Megan had, doesn't he need a break too?

VM is approaching 70 years old. He already came out of retirement once for Megan. He retired (again) fromAMC several months before Megan got canned. He's done. (I wouldn't mind seeing him back though, because he is talented...)

Archived