All: Temp Recasts

• Members

Worst temporary recasts...

Charity Rahmer as Belle Black on Days. Was she a robot, as her stiff movements indicated? (Not that I like Martha Madison much more.)

Bethany Joie-Lenz as Michelle Bauer on GL. I know a lot of people liked her... but COME ON! She was the REVA CLONE! It doesn't get any worse than that. (Does this count as temporary, since she was eventually replaced?)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

well, aside from the act that she wasnt a temp recast, i must say that i think BJL is a great actress. shes not this amazing powerhouse or anything, however she was good in the role of Michelle, reva clone or not. She was lightyears better than the one who took over after she left...

I agree about CR as Belle. tho she wasnt intended to be temp, she was.

I also hated that Jessica from Passions that went onto GH as Maxie. (But, i love KS in the role).

• Members

Christine Jones as Viki on ONE LIFE.

Robert Montano as Antonio on ONE LIFE.

Portia Reiners as Lily on AMC.

Sandra Ferguson as Felicia on GH. GH should've kept her on, she did a good job!

Just thought of Chris Beetem as Nikolas on GH. He did a very good job and I think if Tyler Christopher were to leave GH, they should pick Chris as the re-cast.

HORRIBLE

Marsha Clark as Tina Lord on ONE LIFE. Too old, too boring and plain for Tina.

Terrell Anthony as Tad Martin on AMC. Not right at all as Tad.

a temp that filled in as Jessica on ONE LIFE, I think the last year of Erin Torpey's run, she was absolutely horrible as Jess.

Charity Rahmer as Belle on DAYS. Maybe THE worst actress ever on daytime.

• Members

A lot of people are bringing up people who weren't temproary recasts. So we should just change the whole topic to Recasts in general.

Danica Stewart (now Jessica on Passions) wasn't a temp Maxie on GH. They fired Robyn Richards and Stewart came on as Maxie but didn't last long because she wasn't that good and people were upset by Robyn who had been on the show forever had been let go.

• Members

If anyone's interested, Cynthia Watros' great temporary replacement stint as Vicky on AW (she was MILES better than Jensen Buchanan) is on youtube, courtesy of our very own bellcurve!

I remember Watros only being there for like 2 weeks and NBC promoted the hell out of it. I remember the promo said something like, "She just won a Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress, so what's she doing in Bay City? Catch Cynthia Watros as Vicky on AW, this week on NBC Daytime."

Here's the first scene, where the announcer guy announces that Vicky will temporarily be played by Cynthia Watros. LOL!

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

• Members

It's hard to compare Deborah Adair and Jess Walton as Jill as the character's circumstances were very different.When Adair took over from Bond Gideon(who never had much to do)Jill was a struggling single mom,regrouping after her disastrous marriage to Stuart Brooks.

She got a job at Jabot and became entangled with Jack,thus destroying her chances with John.She became engaged to Andy,but when John returned to town,she realised she had a shot.Adair always made Jill's lies and manipulations believable.At this time the Kay/Jill rivalry was not played as the show had gone to an hour and there was a lot of rejigging of storylines.

When Dickson took over Jill was married to John but threatened by Dina's return.Dickson played the role similar to her first go round but slowly Jill became more bitchy to the point where she was sashaying around Jabot like a cross between Mae West and Vampira!

Her clothing choices at the time were interesting to say the least(cocktail hats in the office in daytime)Apparently Dickson was supplying her own wardrobe(see the video Welcome to My Home)Obviously Bil Bell was enjoying this interpretation of the role.

When Walton took over,there was no way she could match LaDickson and slowly Jill became more realistic-sort of a cross between her 2 predecessors.The character had been through a lot since Adair's days and her performance reflected that.

Other temp recasts

Judith Chapman played Jill replacing Walton(I think)

Brett Porter played Jack on several occasions for days and weeks at a time.He was adequate compared to the great Terry Lester

Russell Todd(Jamie AW)filled in for Don Diamont as Brad.He was OK but lacked the'hunk factor'

Robin Eisenman played Nikki for several weeks.

Probably the most amazing temp recast:

Sixtyish Joan Crawford filling in for twentysomething daughter Christina on Secret Storm in 1968

• Members

Judith McGilligan took over for Louise Shaffer on Ryan's Hope as Rae Woodard when Shaffer had laryngitis. McGilligan wasn't all that bad, but she wasn't Rae. They looked totally different also and she seemed to have British accent come and go.

Another Ryan's Hope temporary recast was Faith Coleridge. Katherine Justice temporary replaced Karen Morris Gowdy in 1979. Katherine Justice wasn't a bad actress but seemed muched older than Gowdy.

Robyn Millan took over for Illene Kristen in early 1979 on Ryan's Hope as Delia. I am not sure whether Millan was intended as a temporary recast between Illene Kristen and Randall Edwards as I have seen her listed as a temp. and a full recast. Not sure on this one. Either way, she was about 20 years to old.

Sofia Landon Geier was a good temp replacement for Anna Stuart as Donna on Another World.

I thought Emily Montague did a great job as a temporary Abby Devereaux on Days Of our Lives. I thought she had chemistry with Darin Brooks and Matt Ashford. Wish the show would have considered her for a real recast as the character of Abby is needed.

I liked Kam Heskin as Sheridan Crane on Passions also.

Archived