All: Temp Recasts

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I find this hard to believe, considering how dreadful Ferguson was as Felicia on GH. So much botox that she couldn't emote at all. Horrible actress.

I have one episode of Y&R from 1984 with Melinda Fee as Temp!Jill. She looked as old as Jill is now, but she was a good actress. More grounded in her bitchiness than Dickson. The storyline was Jack and Jill being blackmailed with photos of them having sex, by Lindsay Wells (Lauren Koslow).

• Members

Carole Shelley was the Broadway actress who replaced Beverlee on AW

Lydia Bruce(Maggie The Doctors)filled in for La McKinsee as Alex on GL

Kent Masters King (Lainie GH)and Dawn McMillan both subbed for Victoria Rowell as Dru on Y&R

Terrell Anthony (Rusty GL) replaced Michael E Knight as Tad on AMC when he had chicken pox

• Members

On GH, when Susan Diol subbed for NLG's Alexis a couple of times -- Diol had NLG's Alexis' mannerisms, but her voice was distracting. Jay Pickett subbing as Lorezno for Ted King was also kinda odd.

AMC recast Aidan Devane when Aiden Turner had that green card glitch and couldn't appear onscreen and the recast was HORRIBLE! They were already trying to start a fire with a wet match concerning the boring coupling of Aidan and Anita -- but the temp recast took over with his awesomely bad British accent, it just killed any hope for that couple. AT ALL.

Also on AMC, the actor (his name escapes me) who took over the role of Mateo Santos while Mark Consuelos was shooting a movie in Australia was kind of a mix blessing. While I think he needed to take a few more diction classes because he'd mush his words together a lot, he actually made me not utterly hate the Mateo character. It was refreshing not seeing Mateo grabbing women, putting his finger in people's faces, snarling and baring his mega white teeth all the time.

• Members

did you see Sandra's amazing run as Amanda Corey on AW? she is far from a horrible actress.

KKL... now there is a horrid actress. I didnt know Cat Hickland filled in for her as well. I must find these episodes somewhere.

I find it funny that Deborah Adair started two amazing roles - Jill on Y&R, and Kate on Days, and is by far the better actress in the roles and since she left borh roles had become over the top and camp.

I would love to see KMK in the role of Dru.

• Members

Deborah Adair was the third Jill, she replaced Brenda Dickson and Bond Gideon. Jess Walton came next, toned the role down and gave Jill layers. Nobody can touch Walton in this role, IMO.

BTW, I would also disagree that KKL is horrible. You should see her work during her current storyline, losing her kids and being raped. She's a major contender at the Emmys next year.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Nov 19 2007, 08:09 AM)
Deborah Adair was the third Jill, she replaced Brenda Dickson and Bond Gideon. Jess Walton came next, toned the role down and gave Jill layers. Nobody can touch Walton in this role, IMO.

BTW, I would also disagree that KKL is horrible. You should see her work during her current storyline, losing her kids and being raped. She's a major contender at the Emmys next year.

After Deb left didnt BD come back for a bit?

JW is great - but DA's Jill was amazing.

I do watch her everyday on BB and have for years - shes bad. i wouldnt doubt an emmy tho... look at who has won them recently. people like NL from GH

• Members

Do you have episodes with Deborah Adair as Jill, or have you seen her on youtube, or were you watching when she was on (1980-1983)? I ask because I've never heard anyone rave about her version of Jill. I've read that she was the "pretty Jill" but that's it. I can't see her coming close to Walton or even Dickson. I'd love to see her and Bond Gideon in the role. They're the only two I haven't seen as Jill.

• Members

Well respected director and former actor Don Scardino subbed for Larry Lau as "Greg Nelson" on AMC in the mid-80s when Larry had to take time off after his father had passed away. Going way back, Diana Walker subbed for Nancy Barrett as "Carolyn Stoddard" for one day on Dark Shadows when Barrett was too ill to work. Didn't Christine Jones also sub for Jane Eliot on "GH" a few years back?

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Nov 19 2007, 09:19 AM)
Do you have episodes with Deborah Adair as Jill, or have you seen her on youtube, or were you watching when she was on (1980-1983)? I ask because I've never heard anyone rave about her version of Jill. I've read that she was the "pretty Jill" but that's it. I can't see her coming close to Walton or even Dickson. I'd love to see her and Bond Gideon in the role. They're the only two I haven't seen as Jill.

I have them on tape. I have never seen BG in the role. BD was good, but i didnt love her. and JW is great and a powerul and amazing actress. But DA's Jill came off much more like a real person, not so over the top and annoying. Im not b ashing JW at all - sorry if it comes off that way, i do love her. I just think DA's Jill was better, tho it could also be that the writing with her in the role was better., because JW has had great moments scenes and storylines.

Archived