"It gets horrible."

B&B : Stephanie is Shot! Eric's shocking Reaction

World Turns: Star's Brave cancer Battle

Surgery Mightmare

Why She Had to Go Public

Back Already?: DAYS' John

FeatureS:

How is the Internet is Affecting Soaps' Storytelling - Wild, Wild Web

Interteresting Quotes for the article: Soaps in Jeopardy?

"If the strike extends into 2008, sjows will have to get creative. One East Coast actress suggested that members of the production staff might be charged with scripting the shows. "The writing [now] is awful," she shrugs. The show might actually get better."

GH's Ncany Lee Grahn (Alexis) says that while she believes in the issues the writers are fighting for. " The audience needs to know soaps will not go off the air. It's a dangerous thing and an irresponsible thing to not continue this medium,"

A West Coast vet who was around during 1988 strike predicts that there will be no fast or easy resolution. "The last strike lasted roughly five months and [the writers] crumbled, so if they crumble again, what's the point? They've got to stand strong and ride this out and get something. otherwise, its; another 20 years and the Internet will be so advanced, they'll have nothing."

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That is the best quote EVER!!!!! :lol: I think it could be someone from AMC. The show is just so horrible right now that I imagine the actors are just as frustrated as the audience is. Although ABC is claiming to have scripts written well into next year so it could be ATWT also. Be great to find out who said that though! :D

• Members

I'm guessing Kim Zimmer from Guiding Light. She's just ballsy enough to say it, and if she did, I'd like to shake her hand too. GL and ATWT are both circling the drain right now from some of the most horrid writing I've ever seen and obviously TIIC don't give a damn because they won't fire those hack head writers and executive producers who are responsible for the mess. But honestly, it could be almost anybody from any east coast show since they all seem to be falling into that awful category.

Archived