All: Dropped Storylines

• Members

-There was a storyline that was reported in the magazines. It involved B&B's Eric and Catlin having a Lolita style romance. That was dropped in favor of a Thomas and Caitlin and to avoid controversy.

-I heard of one storyline where Janet was trying to act like Brooke on AMC.

-The storyline involving Syd Valentine (Alisa Reyes) was dropped on Passions (if there was one.)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the entire WesCon era of GL was just one dropped storyline after another.

>> Skye's father, how dumb was that for Rae to come back, and turns out, they never revealed who her father was.

I still say Skye is really Adam and Althea's daughter, and Rae was running a con game on the Quartermaines. Adam may THINK he and Althea adopted Skye, but...., lol.

• Members

Don't know about that, but there was a "Blair in a plane crash" story on OLTL, ditched shortly after 9/11.

AW had a few that I know of , maybe more.

Apparently Mike Randolph was slated to be the first gay character back in the 70's. No go.

Donna was supposed to have had a male triplet (Scott) to match her identical twins Marley and Victoria. The scene was a mentally distressed Donna grabbing pillows. Pillow one: My Baby! pillow two: My Baby! *cue ominous music* Pillow three: MY BABY!... but Anna Stuart left the role for a while and they didn't pursue it with the recast.

Then there was Tomas with the vampires.

Back to OLTL: GAY REX!

• Members

Yes, there was! Janet was going to set a bomb to go off during Trevor and Laurel's wedding but the storyline was changed because of the Oklahoma City bombing. They changed to a lightning strike that sent her over a cliff and into a river, I think. The audience was to assume she was dead but she showed up later, camping in the woods. That's when she connected with Laura, the homeless girl Brooke eventually adopted, and with Pierce, too. I think she was going to try to pretend to be Brooke because Pierce loved Brooke then, but Janet wanted him.

• Members

ATWT....Carly and Lily having a business together. Faith's bulemia, Lucinda regaining control of her company. Cole as Gwen's brother...I'm not even sure Cole has a last name. Casey only having a six month sentence. Where IS Adam the fugitive? The fact Katie was going to dump Mike for Simon. And what exactly Henry's deal was when he left Vienna at the altar in April. (apparently, as it stands, it was to propel Jack into kissing Katie...)

• Members

The Paul Cramer storyline had his first scene as him looking for Flash/Sarah in regards to C.J. Roberts. Paul said he'd made the biggest mistake of his life and had to find C.J. We never found what it was, and Paul never even met Flash.

• Members

Didn't John Abbott (Y&R) also begin to exhibit signs of Alzheimer's ?

I recall Julie (DOOL) referring to a never before mentioned nephew Spencer Olsen-her brother Steve's son -sometime in the early 90's.It was obviously foreshadowing his arrival but the show got new writers and Julie was gone, and I don't think Spenser was ever mentioned again.

Archived