All: Dropped Storylines

• Members

we all know them well. all the soaps do it. so lets discuss them...

the dropped storylines of daytime. could it have been great? was it best to just drop it? what would you have wanted to seen done?

Days, im sure has the most. The two that stick out to me right now are ...

Whos Gretas Father? John? A DiMera? someone else? .... I personally aslways liked greta even tho she was rather borring. I did however think making her Johns daughter would be great given we really didnt know much about his past and they could always throw something in there. I also thought it would be rather intersting to see her become a child of Stefano - or even better Deaphnie DiMera. But days dropped it and the actress left. prob for the best actually.

The other one was when Salem high was in full gear, that woman that lived with Marlena, John and Belle. I forget her name. She reminded me of Miss Cleo tho. Didnt they hint at something between her and Celeste?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some older stories that come to mind...

Out of the blue ,back in the 90's.Y&R's Mary Williams began to talk about her daughter Patty.who had left in the 80's after her bad marriage to Jack Abbott.

Paul & Chris talked about Patty and we saw a figure in a phone booth phone Mary and hang up.This happened over a few weeks and was never mentioned again.

On Days,Doug had a son by artificial insemination.His good friend,Robert was Dougie's legal father.The whole thing was never dealt with.When Robert returned in the mid 80's as Robin's uncle,Dougie was never mentioned.

• Members

ATWT: Back in 2005, Emily was being drugged and was told in a drugged state to haunt Rosanna with memories of her dead baby. Barbara was behind it, though Rosanna drugged her once. However, Rosanna took the blame entirely on James' orders to get Cabot back. Though Paul and Emily suspected that Barbara had been behind it, it was never discovered, and it's never been brought up again and was pretty much dropped when Cady left on her vacation in 2005.

• Members

Ugh we had a huge thread on this right? not saying it's not time for a new one--i just wish I could remember them... there were a LOT from AMC but I'm blanking right now... I knwo that under Culliton (who was a decent writer in terms of characterizationa nd some other things) the show was RAMPANT with dropped and changed storylines... Big examples were Tim Dhillon coming to the hospital and mentioning his mom ro something then disappearing within days, aroudn the same time Arlene Vaugn leavign town with I think a strand of her grandon's hair, etc etc :P

OLTL has had a TON. I dunno if things like planning to have Joey be the gay one not Billy Douglas count as they never got past the paper stage. WHen Paul Cramer was first brought (and was played by that HIDEOUS actor) he was looking for one of the Roberts wasn't he? It was obvious, at any rate that Malone was trying for a Don't Ask Don't Tell gay storyline but it was quickly changed direction... (for the worse)

• Members

On Days:

-What was in the freezer in Jonesey's Townhouse?

-Why did Carrie and EJ immediately act like they knew each other when he first came to Salem?

-Greta's paternity

-Belle/Brady's surprise nanny that knew Celeste. What was her name again?

• Members

The SSK story I guess you could say was dropped and just re-written on Days.

Also, the Hattie story was dropped and she vanished, not heard from again until 2004.

On OLTL more recently, Niki Smith came out a few times in 2005-2006 but after talking to Viki mentally once she never was heard from again and Viki never even got therapy.

Oh and on Passions we never found out who the third baby was.

• Members

On GH, what happened with Little Kristina when she witnessed Sam killing Diego? That little girl was traumatized by the mob violence she saw and yet I never got the impression GH went much further with it. <_< Quelle surprise.

• Members

On amc, they dropped finding out who leo's dad was probably becuase Josh Duhamel left. People speculated that his dad was Eric Kane or Richard Fields, since vanessa had a connection to erica/richard fields which was Vanessa seeing erica getting raped by RF and doing nothing to help her.

• Members

Back in 2002, there were these four babies in Tabitha's attic, it was telling her many would get pregnant soon. First one was Gwen's, second Kay's, and fourth Tabitha's. There was also a fifth later on that was Sheridan's, and a sixth that was a "Sugar Baby" which I think meant when Beth fooled everyone into thinking she was pregnant, but we never found out who the third baby belonged to, I always thought mabye Whitney but that was two years later and it had been sorta forgotten by then.

Archived