Days: How can We Help Deidre Hall and Martha Madison

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree that Deidre and Martha had an incredible week this past week, but does one week justify an emmy nomination. I don't know the answer to that. The emmy's should be based on the entire years performance IMO not one week. That being said if it was just for one week I would say that they deserved it.

• Members

But we have to remember that it's not based on "one week". It's only a handful of episodes that are picked for reels. If the entire process was based on yearly performances, then maybe I would agree with you.

Last year I threw a fit (even though I loved Genie) when she was nominated. I didn't feel that someone who wasn't on contract and was only on for a short time was able to get a nomination over someone who had been there all year and could have done just as good as she did.

If the selection process was completely random (regarding scenes), then maybe it would be more fair, but it's not. And they deserve noms for the work they did last week.

Martha Madison is NOT an overrated actress IMO. She has grown into the role of Belle and has made it her own. The girl can act circles around many of her peers.

• Members

The only way for us to be sure Deidre and Martha are nominated is if the Academy of Arts & Sciences changes its selection process. However, Deidre particularly would have very SHORT reels if she were to be nominated. As Toups pointed out in many other threads, the scenes on Days tend to be short, averaging around 4 minutes. That will definetely put a damper on her changes of winning, if she does in fact get a nomination. Sure, she had that 6 minute scene on Friday, but that's not nearly enough. She's gonna have to choose her two reels carefully, if she wants a nomination, yet alone a win. Also, consider Hogan wrote nothing for the character all year long, so Hall is only really limited to the material she acted out last week, unless she gets more meaty material coming up.

Hell, I'm still pissed Nancy Lee Grahn was snubbed last year, despite VERY GOOD reels that focused around HER.

Deidre and Martha were good last week, but we should also keep in mind there's an abundance of women who've done Emmy worthy work this year, who shouldn't be forgotten either. The Emmy's are not a fair process, so the nominations are ALWAYS controversial.

Also, remember, Deidre has a history of NOT submitting her name and Days didn't even give Martha a pre-nom last year.

• Members

And I believe that is because Martha did not want her name submitted. She wanted everyone to choose Renee Jones instead for the pre-nom because that is when Renee was released from the show. I remember Martha posting about it. She said that she felt Renee deserved it over her.

Archived