Sports Breaking News: Joe Torre Quits As Yankees Manager

Roman

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As a Yankees fan, I am appalled.:angry:

I was nearly brought to tears last week after they lost because I knew that was it. It was obvious they made that offer with the hope he would turn it done. It's going to be hard to replace someone that not only was a good manager and a steady influence but also a father figure to so many guys in that clubhouse. He will be missed and this could very well tear the team apart with so many "core" Yankees being potential free agents. I fear the drama in New York may be just beginning. Joe was always the stability and now that stability is gone. :(

• Members

He has shown himself to be a class act throughout all of this. I have always thought he was, now even more so.

Lou Pinella was asked if would be interested, he said no.

Don Mattingly, long time Yankee player and both hitting and bench coach has an interview this week in Tampa for the Yankees Head Coach position.

• Members

Oh gag me. The poor guy was only offered a few million for one year. The horror! <_<

The Yankees are the highest paid players in major league baseball. I'd be pissed off too if they choked several years in a row. Its wasted money.

• Members

I am glad he turned them down....$5 million a year seems rather low for a baseball manager, especially one as good as Torre. There are very few contracts done this day that are just for one year...usually they are for three or four years, not just one measly year.

Personally I would like to see him manage the San Francisco Giants-there last two managers (Felipe Alou and the current one) have been bad

Archived