Days: What does everyone have against the Teens?

• Members

If Shelley and Rachel are the next Angelina, then the world is in big trouble.

That's like comparing Dr. Rebert to Brad Pitt.

And not everyone has to like Steph and Chelsea. Its called opinion. And believe it or not, people may have ones that differ from yours.

Its called respecting peoples likes and dislikes. Don't take it personal.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No one is bashing ok.

There's a difference between criticizing and bashing an actor ok.

You have the right to believe Shelley & Rachel are the next Angelina Jolie, just like others have the right to believe DAYS will be the highlight of their career ok.

Do you understand what I'm saying ok?

I hope I won't have to repeat myself ok?

I really don't feel like having to ban someone tonight ok.

Ok?

OK.....<_<

• Members

The way I see it DAYS has botched it's focus in recent years. Alison Sweeney is NOT a lead actress yet and the Teen mess is also NOT getting people watching (the ratings and demos have bottomed out). DAYS needs to get back to Deidre Hall, Kristian Alfonso, Peter Reckell, Renee Jones, James Reynolds, Lauren Koslow, Suzanne Rogers, John Aniston, Thaao Penghilis and Leann Hunley (people with history who can actually act!)

I too think that the sorority storyline could work well...but it has to be a low level 'C' storyline. It simply will not hold the interest of the viewer if it's on a lot because it is based around characters who haven't even been properly developed.

I like Rachel Melvin, I think she has a little something special and she could go places. She doesn't wreck the scenes she shares with Kristian Alfonso or Peter Reckell (she's actually quite nice) and she has nice chemistry with Lauren Koslow.

I also like Darin Brooks...he too has a bit of pizazz and energy. He's pretty good.

Shelley Hennig on the other hand...a sub par actress, she's been on long enough to have worked out her kinks and yet, nothing. I think she's pretty flat with Stephen Nichols...but then I'm not really a fan of his so I'm totally biased.

• Members

oh yea she should be a lead actress. she been on days for 15 years and she should be the lead actress. ALLISON SWEENEY IS THE BEST ACTRESS IN DAYTIME HANDS DOWN.

whatever thats your Opinion but i think she is a wonderful actress and has great father/daughter chemistry with my main man stephan Nichols. Sorry but i disagree with you.

• Members

yea my main man peter. I am so happy sheffer loves writing for peter.

really these people are the only reason i watch days:

Shelley hennig

Rachel Melvin

James Scott

Allison Sweeney

Kristian Alfonso

Darin Brooks

Sheffer needs to have allison sweeney and james scott on 5 days a week and i mean EVERYDAY PER MONTH

• Members

With respect, obviously it is my opinion. And you needn't be sorry, it's a discussion board so of course we're going to have conflicting opinions.

And if you think Alison Sweeney (who don't get me wrong, I love her!) is the best actress in daytime...I guess you haven't seen people like Jess Walton, Robin Strasser or Erica Slezak?

• Members

So wait not only do you want the teens on more, you want more Sami and EJ(is that even possible). There is no balance if you do this, and that is what most people want is more balance. That is part of the problem for me with the teens there wasn't enough balance when they were on.

• Members

MY OPINION, she is the best actress on 2007 hands down. She better get a emmy nom for her dual role of colleen brady. she did such a great job with the accent and the material.

i know this is alittle off topic but noone is a better actress in television or movies then Sophia Bush who plays brooke davis on one tree hill. She is just amazing.

she would so blow Erica SLEZAk out of the water

• Members

I'm not quite sure which one you are saying (AS or SB) could blow ES out of the water not that it really matters, because it is like comparing water to wine. As young actress both AS and SB are very good and maybe have the ability to someday have the acting abilities that ES have but right now no way. Sorry that is just my opinion

• Members

Honey, that is not a compliment to Darin Brooks. CMM is one of the most overrated actors in Hollywood today. He used to be good at being a pretty boy, now he's just a douche.

As for Ali Sweeney? I never saw it. Sami's always been a vile and annoying character to me, and AS hasen't been able to step above that IMO.

Stephanie is in the top 10 or maybe even top 5 when she should barely make it into the top 20 for airtime.

What I have against the teens is that as one recently myself, they're an insult. They're idiots, they're immature, they don't know anything, they float around mindlessly only thinking about sex, guys and fashion. Wanna see realistic, well written and well portrayed teenagers? Watch Friday Night Lights. But don't insult my intelligence by showing me a couple of stupid twits and telling me they're the everyday teen. Nick and Chelsea had potential, they ruined that. Max and Abby had potential, majorly so, but nah, they ruined that. Stephanie came on as a horrible character, annoyed me to no end, left and came back "pretty, but spineless". Jett and Jeremy are nobodies, have more airtime than Marlena, John, Bo and Hope (who should be THE top four) and are shoved down my throat.

WELL SAID. I agree. I don't belive AS is capable of carrying a storyline on her own like Deidre Hall is. Or Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso. She's not there. DAYS is so lucky to have some gems among their cast. Rare actors with enough talent, enough charisma and enough fan loyalty to be able to carry a storyline on their own. Also, Sami is a villian, villians do not carry storylines on their own, they're antagonists. If it's a John, Marlena, Stefano storyline then you have John & Marlena being John & Marlena, fighting against Stefano. Good versus evil. You don't have Stefano on his own with J&M showing up a few times for good measure.

Archived