Days: What does everyone have against the Teens?

• Members

I mean come on, its not like they are on everyday now. They are like on 2 days a week since the start of September. Days need their teens to, they are the future of days and future storys. Am i saying they should be on more then the vets No. But Days lately been kinda getting more balance with the exception of EJ and Sami. They are on 5 days per week.

The only teens we need to get rid of is Jeremy and Jett. We need a future of the horton family and that is Nick Fallon. We need Bo Brady's daughter Chelsea, we def need the biggest supercouple's steve and kayla's daughter Stephanie Johnson and of course the lovable Max Brady.

The only reason why I watch days is for Ms Chelsea Brady and Ms Stephanie Johnson. Rachel Melvin and Shelley Hennig are wonderful beautiful actresses and will be days stars in the future.

Blake Berris and Darin Brooks are fantastic actors and i hope days keep them on 4ever same with shelley and rachel.

I think this is the best teen scene we had in a while. Well acting wise, shelley, darin,rachel and blake are are wonderful actors. If u dont like how they are written then dont blame them, blame THAT HECK WRITER HOGAN SHEFFER

People complain that days is nothing but the teens, think again. If days is anything, its all about Sami Brady. If u really think about even Lucas props Sami and even EJ props Sami. EVERYONE ON DAYS PROPS SAMI. Hey Ali Sweeney is a wonderful actress but i think she needs a break. Sheffer has some obsessive with her and its not heathly lol.

I am loving this sorority story, its 100 times better then Touch The Sky.

Ok One tree Hill can be nothin but teens but when Days has teens which is every year and when they get like 1-2 days of airtime, people whine and complain about it. Shelley, Rachel, Blake and Darin needs to work too and i am happy they are on the greatest soap on tv, days of our lives. All are wonderful actor/actresses and i hope they stay on 4ever.

What we need is more balance and less EJAMI.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Plenty of people complain about Sami being on every day as well and the "teens" are right now only on 2 days a week but last month they were on much more. Stephanie was tied for most air time with 15 out of 19 episodes which meant she was on at every day some weeks or on just 4 which is to much.

• Members

But think about it...if Chelsea, Stephanie, Max, and Nick were on five days a week...would you be complaing? Nope.

This is usually Toups job on this board to say this, but I'll be his echo: you're not a fan of DAYS OF OUR LIVES if you are a fan of only certain characters.

It looks like you are needing a scapegoat to get people in your corner. Why not let people decide for themselves if they like the teens.

As someone who sporadically watches DAYS, I am so glad I never saw a scene involving Touch the Sky. And something tells me if the girls or guys get material with weight, I don't think they'll be able to pull it off, especially Shelly Henning, who just looks like a lost and hungry puppy in all of her scenes.

You're comparing a multi-generational daytime drama to a teen/youth-driven TV show?! What's next?! Comparing Y&R to SAVED BY THE BELL?!

Balance won't make a bit of difference if the stories aren't there.

And to answer THE BIG QUESTION...I don't have anything against teen/college driven stories on soaps. But the thing that annoys me more than anything is that it seems like these stories tend to talk down to their audience or try to be preachy or try to relate to younger audiences. And then they try to make the entire show...the entire preachy show about them.

There are lots of younger characters on soaps that I've enjoyed over the years: PC's Alison/Jamal/Livvie/Jack(pre-Vamps) and of course DAYS's Sami, Lucas, Austin, Carrie. I can be corrected if I am wrong, but these characters didn't take up the entire focus of the show and they didn't try to show these characters just needlessly shopping at a mall, drinking a soda, or being defiant. There was story behind it.

What soaps need to realize is that we all want true-to-life moments on daytime soaps, but no one wants to see younger characters do the things they do on crap shows like DAWSON'S CREEK, ONE TREE HILL, and even 90210.

• Members

Well, the poster JUST answered your question about what he/she has against the teens and you bring up Sami again!

I know there is too much Sami on DAYS, but there's too much of Stephanie and Chelsea on DAYS as well. The episode count, regardless of how often Sami is on, should tell you that.

Your post is about "the TEEEEEENS", not Sami. Leave her out of it.

• Members

ok, whatever. She is a great actress ok. She is a wonderful young actress along with MY rachel Melvin. Shelley has her best scenes with the legendary Stephan Nichols. She and Stephan has such wonderful father/daughter chemistry.

but i read a interview with Shelley. She is loving it at days and she worked so hard to get into acting and on a Soap. She doesnt care what people think of her because she is proud of herself for getting int his far. She is doing a great job with the material she is giving.

She is doing such a wonderful job on days, i just love her. She is beautiful and a wonderful actress. She could be the next Angelina Jolie. Jolie is thee best actress in the world IMO. Shelley is more beautiful but if she works hard, she can be the next Angelina Jolie.

Ok maybe not angelina jolie but she could. Both are stunning actresses and very beautiful. If she keeps working hard and keep up the good work. She could be the next Sophia Bush who plays brooke davis on one tree hill. Now she is a fantastic actress. Shelley is 20 and she is doing such a wonderful job on days.

If Stephanie is giving a rape storyline then Shelley would so rock that story or even better if Shelley and Rachel would be giving the same story with both of their character getting raped. Now that story would be so emotional and great with two fantastic young actresses in shelley hennig and rachel melvin.

OMG that scene in august when Stephanie and Steve had that heart to Heart in the hallway. That scene had me in tears from the emotion stephan and shelley gave to one another. Shelley's facial expresson said it all. I teared up to both stephan and shelley.

Also Darin Brooks is the best young actor in daytime, who plays Max Brady. He is handsome and a great actor, he can be the next Chad Michael Murray.

• Members

People don't have a problem with teens in general. There are plenty of shows in the past where the teen scene has been very interesting. However the stories written for the younger set aren't that interesting. Couple that with some bad actors and you have hatred for the younger set.

This sorority storyline with Chelsea & Stephanie can be good, as long as they use it as a "C" story. Shown every now and again with some story progression. It doesn't need to dominate airtime. To be quite honest, none of the younger set is a strong enough actor to carry a story and shouldn't.

For me, less is more regarding the teens.

• Members

i was not hating on EJAMI, i love EJ and Sami. But 5 days a week is too much, i want more balance. Bo and hope, steve and kayla the teens, ej and sami. Lucas 1 day a month lol.

Teens are on 2 days a week now, so thats not bad. But Ali and james should be on at least 3-4 per week. They are amazing actors and i love them.

• Members

My problem with the teens is that I don't think any of them right now are strong to carry their own stories, as was seen during the stupid touch the sky story. IMO not only was that poorly written but poorly acted as well. I don't have a problem with the characters or Chelsea, Max, Nick or Stephanie but I think that right now they should be in supporting roles of their families and then given their own storyline. If it had been done that way in the first place I think people may have accepted the characters of Jeremy and Jett better a little better.

The answer is not throwing these characters into another stupid storyline and alienate the viewers even more. Again this in Only my opinion. :)

• Members

the only way it would be interesting is have it break out into a rape storyline, i heard a rumor about a serial rapist. i think that is a great way to go.

Shelley and Rachel are wonderful actresses and can handle it, sorry but i disagree on you on that. they can handle it. Both being raped in this storyline would be amazing way to go. It could also involve marlena to, have her be involve in 2 storys. John death and the sorority.

Believe me Shelley Hennig and Rachel Melvin can handle a rape story, both are young wonderful actresses. Both work well in scenes together.

A serial rapist i think is true because what way can sheffer go and what would be the point of the sorority story if they dont have something shocking. Why make it a big deal to get billie and jett on the campus cops or whatever.

• Members

Young actors need to be given material that is appropriate with their talents. Most of the time, their talents are not yet considerable enough to carry the show. Also, teens are usually not characters that have been on in a significant manner for a long time, so they jumping them from scenery to A story is probably not a good idea. They need to be introduced moderately.

Also, a lot of people just want to see older characters in the big stories. Not everyone, maybe not you, but a lot of people

• Members

If this is a rumor, it needs to be in the DTS: Spoiler Island area. There are many DAYS fans who are spoiler free. Please respect that.

The only way for it to be interesting is for it to be a rape storyline? What is it with you and rape? You were creaming your pants for Dr. Rebert to come back and rape Chelsea and it never happened. It's quite obvious that the writers at DAYS can't write a rape storyline well, I'd much rather not see one.

Everyone has a right to an opinion man, but you are in the minority regarding Shelley & Rachel. I'll give Rachel all the credit in the world. She's grown as an actress and I think she'd do very well, but again, she should NOT be carrying a story at this time. Neither should Shelley. Making it an ensemble story allows for everyone to showcase their talents and allow for others to grow.

Archived