Days: Friday September 14

• Members

Loved the episode; basically for the reasons everyone mentioned. OMB was very touching from the time he walked in thru his thoughts while standing by Stefano. The lighting at the funeral was great - made it very realistic looking. Bo and Hope not bothering to mention to anyone that Bo had spoken to Andre wasn't very bright; but I guess it fits plus works for plot purposes (same for Kate not being at the funeral).

TP was brilliant as usual and ITA he is playing this version of Andre to perfection. I'm seriously enjoying him and every chill he's been giving me. Also love that the DiMeras are still outsmarting the Bradys. This is what's given them staying power on Days - they might not always win but they seldom lose (meaning things tend to end up at an impasse). Plus they have that awesome charm that enhances every evil thing they say or do.

Loved EJ's wink to Sami and their echoing the Colleen and Santo lines. I get that Days doesn't need to keep saying they're fated to be together and all, but considering this IS the show that's had characters tell us how hot they are and what great chemistry they have - when nothing could be farther from the truth - well at least this time what's being said actually makes sense. The continuation of EJ/Sami and Santo/Colleen was also great, and I see significance in EJ saying he couldn't kill Sami if his life depended on it. I don't mind Sami being in the hospital still since it allows her and EJ to have more alone time ;)

Marlena did look wonderful and I hope we see more of her.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hands down today was one of the best episodes of the year..i was on the edge of my couch the entire episode and making so many comments to my roomate who was in the room with me..Thaao is doing an amazing job, today was easily the best performance he's given as Andre...He was chilling in his scenes with Kate..Kudos to both Thaao and Lauren for a great job today..Lauren played the frightened victom so well...And i got excited when during the Shawn and Andre fight..It looked much better than previous fights on Days..then of course Belle had to come in..LOVED IT...this is how you do a friday episode, thanks Ed Scott for stepping up the production of the show...because i bet if you weren't here it wouldn't have been as great.

The funeral scenes were wonderful..So many great character interactions..And i really like that Lexie is getting scenes with her brother Benji...Anna worrying about Roman was great, and hopefully we lead to a nice quadrangle down the road..and Hope and Anna's scene was funny...

Finally, i knew most of the spoilers for the episode..but i had no idea that the boquet had a camera in it allowing Andre to watch the entire funeral..He really is a step ahead of everyone..Oh yeah and a Mensa member!!! Love it...

• Members

Well nothing's been posted to the NBC Web site where the promos usually are up by now and I haven't heard or seen anyone anywhere saying they saw a DOOL promo for the week so now I'm getting worried that maybe NBC just isn't making these promos anymore now that they don't have Passions as a place to promote them. <_<

If so, that SUCKS.

• Members

Today was okay, but why did they have to re-shoot the opening with Kate? What was suspenseful and intense at the end of Thursday was haphazard and awkward today - she didn't scream, she just said "Shawn, there's someone at the door" and Andre breaks it down in one of the cheesiest sequences I've seen all year. I can't believe Sami and Lucas are still delivering the exact same lines they were given back in June. "I have to find a way to end this vendetta." "Oh really, blah blah blah?" If I were Bryan Datillo, I'd be awfully pissed at how much of a tool they're making his character.

Marlena was nice, although I can't believe she isn't being featured, and is instead being used more as a piece of background furniture.

I think it's silly how Sami and EJ are actually watching Colleen and Santo now. "Do you see the look in his eyes?" Uh... no, how could you? :rolleyes:

Andre was absolutely the best thing about today.

• Members

Ot may also be ES's decision not to have a promo up at the site. He may have it wheer it will be on television. I'm not worried at all.

If this is the case, it may be better for the show. Bring about some real drama, instead of seeing what will happen next week. He didn't do it at Y&R, so he may be the reason why it may not be done here right now.

• Members

The promo didn't air on television either. There apparently just wasn't one for this week. This sucks.

The promos don't take away the drama if done right, they build excitement for the drama to come. That is certainly how the one last week played out with Andre and Kate and Roman.

If they discontinued these promos to me it is a signal that NBC is even less interested in its daytime programming than it was before. Not a good thing.

• Members

In your opinion, that is. In my opinion, I like the fact that there isn't a promo. To me, even since it hasn't been shown on television, I like the fact of waiting until Monday to see what's going to happen. To me, that builds tension and suspense.

It does also seem like no matter what they do, Days executives will be downed on it one way or the other. So, if they are damned if they do and damned if they don't, shoot, why not try something diffeent? The other stuff worked, that is until Corday in his wisdom decided that all anyone wanted to see was TTK. We see how well that worked.

It's Sunday, and I can wait until tomorrow. :)

• Members

What is TTK?

In any event, the promos almost always show footage from Thursday and Friday epis. And I can't wait that long dammit because I've already seen the Monday clips I care about and I want more. LOL.

And I don't think that just wanting NBC to continue to promote Days and being disappointed if they have discontinued the promos is downing executives one way or another IMO. I don't recall anyone saying Days shouldn't have promos or the days executives can't do them right so let's just get rid of them entirely. For me, besides me just being curious as hell about what's happening in these promos, it is just wanting a show of faith on the part of the network that they care about the show and building and sustaining its viewership through promotion. I don't think that is so much to ask. But JMO.

Archived