Y&R: Kay and Jill

• Members

>> There are some that feel that Cane is not Jill biological son.

Well, it isn't as if we don't have evidence suggesting as much. There are the original DNA test results to consider, as well as a cryptic phone call Cane made shortly after agreeing to work at Chancellor. (Something to the effect of, "I'm in.") Two important plot points that, somehow, have been dropped.

>> If you don't want Jill mother to be Katherine, then who should it be? Elizabeth?

Thanks to Jack Smith, who I choose to hold responsible for this, it can't be Liz Foster, unless she admits to fabricating the entire tale -- which wouldn't make any sense, since she would have nothing to gain from it.

I say, let the matter of Jill's true, biological mother go unresolved, like what happened to Nina's first baby. Anything else would be entirely too convoluted.

>> LML may or may not be a lot of things, but I really doubt that she would fire Walton.

Why not? She and her husband wrote Julie Harris and Constance McCashin out of KNOTS LANDING, didn't they? I mean, out of all the characters they could have cut from the show (for budget reasons), and they chose Lilimae and Laura, two characters they could neither labotomize, like Valene, or use to prop up their strident, self-serving, entirely hypocritical diatribes against the yuppie masses, like Mack and Karen.

>> Expect to see a lot of Jill & Katherine in the coming months.

And Amber! Don't forget about Amber!

(Even though, God knows I'd like to.)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just don't see everybody's problems...

Jill & Kay are mom and daughter - by blood. What gives? This little fact does overcome their rivalry of 30 years???

Gag me - this is just pathetic writing. Them being related could just be a different angle but it does NOT have to have an effect on their bickering, their rivalry whatsoever. This is just lazy writing - it was under Smith's helm and it got 1000 times worse under LML and her ignorance of everything Y&R is about.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Hmmmm....

I have to admit that I never really made peace with the idea that Jill is Kay's daughter and I thought it was a perfect opportunity to undo that when they took the DNA test last year. HOWEVER, if I have something to praise LML for is that she didn't really make it definitive. Kay heard the news from the phone and then told Jill--my theory is that, if this was to ever be undone, it could be revealed that Kay lied to Jill, thinking that Jill would prefer if things remained the same (since their relationship is much better now than it used to be--unfortunately).

Anyway, I miss the bickering and the fights and the slaps.... :(

• Members

Memo to Brad Bell: Hire Jess Walton. ;)

I'm sure it wouldn't take Jill long to get in a fight with Queen Stephanie on B&B. LOL!

I've quit watching this clusterf*ck of a show many months and am only missing one thing: Jill. But even such a powerhouse actress like JW cannot lure me back because she ain't gonna get a real story in as long as LML is doing her stunt drivelling.

Caught one scene on YOuTube after JiMin's death and it was - of course - all about Amber. <_<

• Members

Posted by Tommy Garrett on Sep 14, 2007 - 11:32:09 AM: Jess Walton has poured her heart and soul into the long running role of Jill Foster Abbott on CBS's "The Young & the Restless" lately. The death of her on screen character's fiance' has shown the audience what this actress possesses as a daytime performer on this soap. She and her on-screen mother, [Katherine] Chancellor, played by Jeanne Cooper, are doing Emmy worthy work on the number one drama. "We hope that the writers and producers continue to play this storyline out and let the actress show what chops she has." said a longtime costar. Two words for her, "Emmy Watch!"

http://www.canyon-news.com/artman2/publish/On_the_Industry_1168/Actor_Turned_Photographer.php

Do you honestly think Sony Pictures TV is going to allow Jess Walton to play Jill Foster Abbott on B&B? :rolleyes: Three words: Drucilla, cliff, river.

• Members

Jess Walton would be the perfect Beth Logan, IMO.

In restrospect, it's obvious the success of last year had very little to do with her. As the year progressed and she fired more Y&R producers/writers, the show got worse and is still getting worse. Those old writers were able to maintain continuity with the scripts, they knew the characters and were able to properly execute her storylines. She still has lots of good story ideas, but the writing staff is too unstable and none of them understand the show. The tone is completely different everyday. Thats the sign of an awful writer.

I think LML was good on Knots and Homefront, but she has proven with Port Charles and Y&R that she can't write a daytime soap. Unfortunately I suspect she's friends with Barbara Bloom so I don't expect her to ever leave. She's the new Bill Bell (in terms of staying power, not talent).

• Members

Chris B is totally right. 2006's revival had little do with LML. Kay Alden kept that hack in line (and sadly it took a toll on Kay who quit)...the thing with Y&R now is that it's different in terms of tone, flow, style etc. It just isn't the same anymore and I cannot stand it.

LML cannot write daytime. She failed at PC and she has failed and will continue to fail at Y&R. I can but hope that Barbara Bloom will see the light...I wouldn't even mind if she kept LML as EP but brought Kay Alden back as HW with creative autonomy from LML because it's obvious that Kay wouldn't return for anything less.

• Members

With Barbara Bloom on the Y&R writing staff, i doubt she'll be letting LML go. Both worked together at the low rated PC and I'm sure it was Bloom who brought LML to CBS. She's the only one with the power to do so. Besides, who else would be looking at the former headwriter of the lowest rated soap in years?

Bloom is a soap writer, but if she were just helping out at Y&R, why isn't she helping the other soaps ever? My guess is that she's pals with LML which is why she's collaborating with her. I think Bloom may be worse than MADD. Look at ATWT's ratings and the fact that no changes have been made. I don't know what Bloom is doing.

Archived