DAYS: Will J&M and Bope be more involved in this vendetta storyline?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Same here.

Hogan doesn't like/want to write for John/Marlena.

Bo/Hope will probably be on a little bit more than J/M but they won't have big storyline of their own.

Hogan's biggest mistake is not writing for these four. Hello 1.8 again (pretty soon!!).

• Members

The thing I don't get though, is that he wrote J&M beautifully back in November and December, so it surprises me if he doesn't want to write for them. Although, then again, I can't think of any other explanation as to why they've been little more than glorified extras this year.

• Administrator

I know!! That's the sad (ironic?) thing. Whenever John is on, he's actually written very well. He had funny one liners when he got out of his coma. And back in Oct-Dec, he was acting like a cop again working with Bo/Roman/Abe going after the bad guys.

It seems like Hogan knows how to write for John but just doesn't want to. I don't get it.

• Members

Bo and Hope are active and have a role in the story. The J&M angle has been nonexistent and that is the problem. Dee is used a fair amount at times but then she goes MIA again. I know she has a little vacation but she doesn't take that much. I won't comment on Drake because there is stuff there but Dee should be used more.

Hogan has given J&M some great stuff at times, especially early on. That is why I just don't see him being the one that is behind their misrepresentation. I blame that one on Corday because he has been screwing with the J&M fans long before Hogan came along.

• Members

That's the thing that puzzles me too, Toups. Hogan is the first writer in many years to truly get John. John was very enjoyable back in the fall, and even is so now when he occasionally appears. Yet, for some reason, Hogan doesn't write for him. I don't know what is the reason, nor am I going to try and speculate, just becasue it's backstage info, and no one knows for sure unless they are backstage themselves. :) But lets hope that Hogan gets the hint once the ratings start dropping again, and finally realizes that you have to write for J&M and you have to give them their own part of the story, even if it is an umbrella story. They have to have their own part in it. DAYS fans were so excited last fall when J&M were featured in the gloved hand storyline. Yes, it was an umbrella storyline that featured the main cast, but J&M got their own special part of the story with the trips to Canada and Italy. It sucks that the show has to rely on J&M to get the ratings up, but it's a fact that needs to be reckoned with.

• Members

That can be argued with. Yes, they're active in part that they're the ones constantly following Andre and the DiMeras around the country, but when it comes to the vendetta storyline affecting them personally, there's nothing. They are basically plot points in the vendetta storyline. We never see how this story affects Bo and Hope's relationship. We never see anything like that with their scenes. They're just moving from one adventure to another. And while yes, that may be what some people call Bo and Hope's thing, but we need to know how this storyline affects them as well. I mean, we need to see some scenes of just Bo and Hope at home, maybe at night, after love making, they talk about the feud. Instead, we just have them returning from Italy, and then going to Ireland. Returning from Ireland and going on the next adventure to find Andre. It grows tiring, and is nothing but plot-driven.

• Members

That would be fine if the show could afford to do bedroom scenes. They can't even afford beds. There hasn't been a bedroom scene in months and the show is clearly limiting the use of sets so I think that will always be a hindrance. I think we have gotten scenes where we see the affect on them but they are never alone. They are always discussing it with others.

Bo and Hope's part could be better but they are being utilized and their fanbase is ok for the most part. I think we all want better for them but at least it's something. J&M get nothing unless Marlena is used as a mother, which I like, or they are needed to read letters.

• Members

They could but then you would have people complaining about it. Back in April, many boards had fans complaining about the hotel room LUMI were in. It was basically the Basic Black set and it bothered people.

The thing is there are just going to be some things that we either don't see often or never see again because Days just doesn't have the budget, much like GL. It sucks but it is what it is I guess.

Archived