ATWT or Y&R: Case of the Missing Years

• Members

It seems like we have two storylines that are somewhat similar: in terms of missing two years of someone's life.

Which one did you think was better? Y&R's Nick missing two years of his life after coming back from his plane crash? Or that of ATWT's Rosanna, who woke up from her coma thinking that she was back in the year that she learned that Craig switched the babies?

I personally like ATWT's a little bit more than that of Y&R. Only because in so many ways, they keep acknowleging the history of what went down when a lot of us were in knots about the babies of Jen and Gwen. I also like it more because it has some of the same characters who were involved in that storyline back front and center: Craig of course; Paul, who kept the truth, Rosanna, and of course Meg and Barbara.

I didn't like Y&R's at all; except for one part; and that was Nick's breakdown of having to learn all over again that his daughter, Cassie was dead. After that, i lost interest really quick.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like the Y&R one....

I'm not really a big Rosanna fan (except I loved her with HB's Craig), so that probably colors my opinion, and frankly one of the biggest players from that drama (pre and post baby switch) (Emily) is missing, though I heard they did at least mention her today (and obviously that is beyond their control with KMH off on maternity leave).

The only thing I'm moderately intrigued by in the ATWT one is whether Paul will fess up the whole truth....b/c Rosanna wanted Jen to know and he didn't follow through on that. I'm thinking he won't lol....

But I like the Y&R one b/c it gave Nick and Sharon a chance to reconnect, and I do love them together.

• Members

ATWT hands down. At least Rosanna was gone for 2 years we weren't constantly teased about when she would return. I don't know what LML was thinking, to have Victor leave his family during their grief just to find his replacement son. That's as bad as Nikki being too shaken to attend Nick's memorial, but more than able to continue her senate campaign! Y&R also missed an opportunity to explore foul play in Nick's plane crash.

• Members

I can see where folks liked Y&R's story because of the whole Nick/Sharon thing. However, after a certain point it didn't hold my attention after the first few days. Reason. The constant forcings of Phyllis in scenes trying to get Nick to remember somethng that in some ways he obviously doesn't really want to remember....Plus too, I think I tuned out mainly because of not liking the direction of where LML is taking the show.

I like ATWT's more because of all of the stuff that was resurfacing once Rosanna woke up. I guess I like that they are bringing back some of the recent history again.

Archived