Ted Shackleford spoiler (Includes storyline spoilers)

• Members

Next week's TV Guide says that Ted Shackleford will be back by the end of the summer... via the old soap standby, the evil look alike sibling (no word on whether the character will be a twin, or just an uncanny double of his brother William).

The article also reports a rumor that LML got reprimanded for getting rid of TS, which Daytime Chief Barbara Bloom denies - but says she did tell LML that TS should be re-hired.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Hmm...very interesting. With this info and the info about Y&R shutting production down for a week makes me think Barbara Bloom isn't happy with LML. This could be the beginning of LML's demise!

• Members

Color me confused. How could Bloom not know that LML planned to kill off William? TS wasn't even on contract. Of all the actors to save, Bloom saved him? This does explain why they shut down for 1 week. LML and her inept writing staff had to rewrite all the Fisher/Baldwin stories for next month.

• Members

To think Y&R used to be the soap that used to avoid unnecessary crap like this before. :rolleyes:

At this point, I take anyone over LML. I just want someone who can write good character-driven material that utilizes the rich history of the show, something Latham has repeatedly shown she cannot do.

• Members

I tought you were kidding and making a joke in relation to GL's Jeffery when you said that was his new character's name. I see it's true after looking at SOD's site though......

:lol: @ your Tootie remark.......

I hope William's twin Jeffery is somewhat evil and can put Gloria out to pasture.........

A girl can dream the impossible dream right?

• Members

Y&R is just breaking apart at the seams. The firing of AL/Colleen switch was the biggest mistake, the only good thing has been Nick's amnesia. All the rest has been contrived trashy plots which was what Y&R used to avoid and what made them unique.

• Members

I don't think this is a sign of Bloom's meddling.

I was shocked to see Shackleford killed off in the first place. COnsidering he was as bland as it gets, the character a waste from day one and suddenly he's offed although being LML's pet? Ha! Here he shows up again. Whatever.

This show sucks and it seems it alwaysgets worse.

• Members

It seems to me LML was right to write William off. He was a boring character. This is one time when I don't think the blame lies with her. She's being forced to bring the actor back, so off course the plot is going to be silly. These twin things almost always are, imo.

• Members

If Gloria is to never get caught, then LML had no choice, but to kill William. She wrote him into a corner by having him find out about the face cream sabotage. William always had potential, but LML never invested in the character. She was determined to keep him dumb and marginalized so Gloria could triumph. I'm sure that Shackleford will enjoying playing Jeffery who will be far more perceptive and dangerous to Gloria.

Anyway, I have decided that the only way this convoluted story makes sense is if Ted Shackleford determined to save his job called in favors from his Knots Landing CBS days, maybe even Les Moonves himself. If she cared about Shackleford, Bloom would have made LML change the plot to save Shackleford when she saw the breakdowns. Someone higher up must be twisting Bloom's arm to rehire Shackleford so she is in turn twisting LML to write him back into the show. I wonder if he will be put on contract now so next time LML tries to kill him off, he will have fair warning.

Archived