AMC:Would you ever accept another Brooke English?

• Members

Believe me. I think JB is one of tvs finest actresses BUT Every time I watch AMC I can't help feel that Brooke is missing I mean REALLY missing. I can't believe she wouldn't be there for Tad and Adam and HELLO Jamie was in the hospital and she was MIA. She would certainly have been at the Christening today. I know TIIC would never ask ot if JB would ever come back anyway but what if there was a REALLY good recast. Does anyone think it would work.

Possibilities:

Lisa Brown

any one else?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IMO, Brooke became so unimportant and wasted in recent years, that it would be pointless to recast her. Recast her for what? If they couldnt or better yet wouldnt do anything when Julia Barr was here, why recast the role?

• Members

There's only one Brooke and that's J/B. I just hate the way TIIC treated her, it was so cold the way they just let her go! The fans really got cheated, and it wasn't fair to her or her fans. After 30 yrs, she was treated worse then a new actor that was let go. I don't like to think about it, it makes me sick.

• Members

Julia put her own personal stamp on the Brooke character the day they killed Brooke's daughter, Laura Cuddahy. There are few times on soaps when characters and actors have a defining moment where the two become synonymous. That was one of them. I will never be able to look at another actress and believe her "Brooke" is the one who felt what Julia's Brooke felt in that kick ass performance 20 years ago. Julia poured herself into that story.

• Members

Yeah, you're right. I think my frustration comes from the fact that I really REALLY Miss Brooke. I mean, I cried when Dixie died and CM was let go but there's something about Brooke not being in key scenes that seems so wrong. Kind of like the heart of AMC has been broken. Just thought Lisa Brown out of sheer desperation.

Archived