DAYS: Thursday

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LMAO. I won't argue with you there. :lol:

I taped the episode but I tuned in just in time to catch Sami, Lucas, and Marlena and Roman/Anna's convo. You know it's bad when you turn on the tv, see one of the first people is Lucas, and then immediately wanting to flip the channel.

I can't believe how stupid Roman is. Did he sit too long in the sun? Anna could tell just by one kiss that it's not Tony. If Tony didn't have a double, then yeah...it could be her imagination. However, it's not that kind of situation. Maybe Anna should have went to EJ, Bo and Hope. Even Bart is a little smarter than Roman. LOL!

• Members

Plotholes aside, I enjoyed this episode profusely.

I really had to laugh when Marlena told Lucas he could stay home from the family meeting :lol: I love Lucas to death, but the writing for him right now is unbearable. So glad this was finally highlighted in some dialogue.

Roman and EJ's back and forth got boring, but the latter scenes with Anna/Roman/EJ and Tony/EJ/Bart were awesome. Roman really is acting dense. Maybe hopes that he, too, is an impostor are not entirely lost...:P

• Members

Well Roman is a cop and none of the cops are that smart on this show (or any soap for that matter). It should of clicked instantly "oh, yeah, Tony has an identical cousin, Andre" but no hes all "What?, I'm confused" and Anna should of figured it out as well since she knows of Andre.

• Members

Me too, Jay. Me too. I just have to laugh when they give Lucas lines with threats for Tony and EJ about how he is "going to wage his own war against them." As if Lucas has ever been able to do anything in his life without mommy's help, let alone take on a foe with the money and power and ruthlessness of the DiMera family.

Marlena and Sami were good though. The science on the stem cells bit killing the babies isn't really accurate, but not that I ever expected this show to respect science. Good to hear more from Sami about how it's not just about wanting peace for her babies that has her wanting to strike a deal with Stefano but about finally being someone her family can be proud of. When Marlena hinted there might be another way for her to still be that woman, and with Sami's talk about thinking that EJ really wanted to end the violence, I think we are going to wind up having Sami and EJ getting married under Stefano's terms of ending the feud. Which makes me happy. But I just wish it would get here already because the safe house crap is torture. "Because you're my hero" BARF!!! And they are making out with Sami's mom like five feet away?

Love love love the Anna-"Tony" scenes where it appears they are revealing that "Tony" is an imposter. Anna is amazing. Give Leann a contract already!

Bart amused me today. Loved the EJ-Tony confrontation. Love the Bo-Hope-Shawn scenes.

Like the EJ-Roman scenes (yay for Josh Taylor coming alive as an actor and Roman coming alive as a character again) although if Roman is so convinced EJ raped his daughter then freaking arrest him already! Or stop complaining about it. Especially with dialogue claiming that EJ put a gun to Sami's head and forced her when what this show presented to us of that scene in the car was EJ making an indecent proposal and Sami accepting it to save Lucas's life. Yeah Sami called it rape, but there was no gun involved or threats of violence if Sami didn't go along with it so stop rewriting that scene to be what it wasn't. UGH! And it wouldn't hurt if we got to see Roman start realizing if Sami was raped one reason EJ got the wrong idea about her feelings for him was that Roman and his brother Bo were continually pimping her out as bait because they were too stupid to solve crimes without using the suspect's lust Sami to try to lure him into a trap.

There was something else that really stuck out for me when I was watching the EJ-Roman scene that bothered me, too. Hogan Sheffer and the DOOL writing staff are supposedly watching a lot of 80s DOOL tapes lately for inspiration. Well, I want to know if they were aware how in that throwaway line about Tony and EJ being half-brothers but sharing the wrong half, Stefano's genes, they were rewriting decades of DOOL history and making Tony's relationship with Renee, who these writers have mentioned in the past month, as one of incest.

• Members

Oh and something else I forgot to mention... Why did they have to have Bart use that stupid "Elvis has left the building" line? It was mildly funny when John said it before, but it's completely retarded and annoying when they use the same line twice in the past five weeks. Not as noticeable as the "pry it from my cold, dead hand" redundancy from the Tinda Lao story but still stupid hack writing.

• Members

So Anna kissed Tony and knew it was an imposter immediately--I KNEW IT! I had always assumed that was one reason Anna came back, to unmask Andre. I just loved the way she made the revelation to Roman. Sort of offhand, casual, in between requests that someone feed her. Again I say, give this woman a contract!

Loved Shawn/Bo/Hope today. The flashback with the boy Shawn begging his sister to stay was heartbreaking, as is old man Shawn's guilt. What happened? I want to know now!

Lucas making threats against the DiMeras is ludicrous. What's he going to do, have Mom Kate blackmail them? Lure them to their death with a "Colleen" doll? I used to just think Lucas was irritating, then I moved on to acute dislike, now I'm definitely on the I Hate Lucas bandwagon.

And, Roman, EJ did not rape Sami at gunpoint!!!!! Why is Hogan rewriting his own story? I'm trying desperately to ignore all these plot holes, but there are so many and they are so glaring.......

I'm going off to a corner now and repeating to myself my new mantra... the first half of the year is all a dream...it didn't mean anything...forget everything that happened...

• Members

Yep. That is what happens when a writer latches onto a new character and starts stacking the deck against the older character. Every ABC show does it especially on GH so if Days is trying to make me hate Lucas and want Sami with her rapist, they can stick it. I don't buy with GH stacking the deck against every male character while Sonny and Jason look like the heroes. I didn't buy it last year when Higley did with it with Todd being thrown under a bus for Spencer. The same goes with AMC and them throwing JR under the bus to prop up Josh. Hogan can throw Lucas under the bus all he wants. It is not going to make me give up on Lumi and cheer for Sami and her rapist. If I can't have Lumi, then bring on someone new for Sami because I will never ever cheer for Sami and her rapist.

• Members

They did the same exact crap making EJ into some cartoonish megavillain and Lucas into some perfect boyfriend that Sami should worship at the feet of once Hogan took over in an attempt to kill the EJami fanbase and pimp Lumi despite how cruel Lucas had always been to Sami over the years. If they are making Lucas look bad at the expense of making EJ look better at least that makes sense because James Scott is actually attractive and leading man material while Bryan Datillo is most certainly not. There is a reason Lumi was kept apart 10 years (they suck the life out of each other) and Lucas has been kept on the backburner with no story separate from his mom or Sami pretty much his entire run (he sucks).

Archived