OLTL, AMC: Interview with Scenic Designer Martin Fahrer

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^I agree, AMC has the WORST production values in ALL of daytime. I've often said set designed out of cardboard would look better than the crap they have. This is all a huge contrast from the 90's, where AMC had AMAZING production values. Even GL, with its low budget manages to produce better sets (though not very many sets are used there) that look realistic.

However, the East Coast soaps don't have the money for fabulous sets, so I'll give them a slight pass. ATWT by far has the best production values of any of the NYC based soaps though, in fact the show's sets can be comparable to its West Coast counterparts.

• Members

Well, that one got burned down... and then she moved into that CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP looking excuse of a "penthouse" above Enchantment. That one room penthouse that looked, amazingly enough, EXACTLY like Greenlee's penthouse. Such inspired design, I must say. Such flat, two dimensional design at that. Zero depth, zero richness... which has been transfered into pretty much all the sets.

• Members

The "fire the vets budget" didn't even seem to help the sets at AMC.

The production values seemed to really take a sharp turn downwards when Julie Hanan Carruthers was given the top spot.

I loved Linden House!!!!

Archived