DAYS: Tuesday

• Members

I was pleasantly surprised by the show today. I was thinking it wouldn't be that good of a show, but I found that I enjoyed it a lot. I think it is awesome that the Dimeras are involved in the "Vegas" storyline with the younger crowd. It suddenly made that story much more interesting to me. Jeremy didn't get on my nerves today. I guess I enjoyed him being rude to Stephanie. Good scenes with Lumi today. It has been nice to have scenes with just them without EJ being around. Steve was hilarious today. I wish Nick wouldn't give in to Kate, but I guess this is going to help spiral him further down a bad path. Good Tuesday show.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Forgive me for my callousness, ATWT. But is it not true that someone can feel one thing but say another, or not even realize how they truly feel at first? That's my point. It seems that people take things at face value without digging a little deeper, or even caring to, just because they don't like a character. I was just pointing out the alternative. :)

• Members

I was glad to see Lucas sharing his feelings with Sami today. A marriage and partnership is about TWO people, and so far Lucas has been all about what Sami needs. He's a pretty decent guy at heart, so of course his impulse when he learned that Sami might be pregnant from a rape was to say that he would raise and love a baby that wasn't his biologically. As time has gone on, he's not only learned that there are TWO babies, but experienced firsthand the reality of the rapist constantly inserting himself into his and Sami's life-- even following them on their honeymoon. There's no reason Lucas shouldn't have second thoughts now that he's had time to develop fears about what will happen if the children he's raising spend weekends and holidays with the biological father and the other DiMeras.

It took courage for Lucas to admit his fears and share them with Sami, just like it took courage for Sami to tell Lucas about the rape and the questionable paternity last month. Feelings are rarely cut and dried and honesty is hard. I'm glad that Lucas had the thoughts and feelings he did yesterday and today rather than be wallpaper with no point of view. Courage and decency aren't the resul of having no fears or mixed feelings; they're the result of doing the right thing in spite of fears and mixed feelings.

And I'm sure that when those babies (if they live) are in Lucas' arms, his feelings won't be so mixed anymore. Like Marlena, I predict love at first sight.

Poor Nick. He's probably the most honest person who has ever lived in Salem, and he's getting blackmailed all over again for the one thing he did, that he never really wanted to do.

• Members

Great post ClayZebra

I loved that Lucas came right out and shared his fears with Sami. I was hoping after he talked about it yesterday with his sister that he would be honest with Sami today. BD did a great job and I liked his acting choices today.

I was thrilled to see the DiMera's get involved with the Beach Bunnies I will rewatch on SoapNet to see if Steve reacted to the "Jet to Vegas" line. I hope this ties him to both stories through Stephanie and He is So playing the DiMera's.

The only thing I was unhappy with today was Kate. I just wish we had something better for her character. Hopefully she will get involved with the Roman/Anna/Tony storyline comming up.

• Members

Loved the Lumi scenes today. I was glad to see Lucas being open and honest to Sami, whether she wanted to hear it or not. To me, Sami seems to be taking this news lightly and only grasping on the prospect that she's going to be having a little boy and a little girl. Her only concern is that she will be willing to raise them regardless of the paternity. Lucas, on the other hand, seems to be thinking of the future and the hard times he's going to have to go through knowing the terrible influence the Dimeras could have on the babies. I'm glad Lucas is thinking about the future and pointing this out to Sami. BD did a great job portraying his fears and doubts and loved the reassuring vows he told Sami at the end. I really hope BD gets this kind of material to portray cuz he rocks it instead of screaming all the time.

Stephano definitely stole the scenes today at the Dimera house. He feels betrayed and hurt that he can't be able to trust his son whom he counted on. I was glad that he pointed out that despite Tony being "erratic" and crazy at times, he could always be able to trust him. I feel that Tony has been given the shaft lately from both Stephano and EJ. Steve was hilarious as usual.

I'm glad that EJ is involved in this Vegas s/l but then again I'm not. It seems that he's involved in every single s/l and that tends to get boring and redundant. I'm liking Max more and more and I kinda like the idea of a Max/Stephanie/Jeremy love triangle. I know that they are uncle/neice but hey, they're not related by blood so whatever goes.

• Members

So Tony Dimera and Jeremy Horton are in business together...didn't see that one coming! It did make the Touch the Sky storyline bearable today. I was also glad to see that Jeremy owns clothing besides swim trunks and a towel.

Awesome scene between Stefano and EJ. I loved the tension and drama, but these slaps are getting to be too much. It was fun at first but now there's too many, it's distracting waiting each episode to see who gets the Slap of the Day. Steve hanging out, listening to all the Dimera secrets, eating pie, making his funny little remarks--loved it. I still find it hard to believe that Stefano trusts Steve and not his own son, but it's okay because it keeps Steve on my TV. And he looked so good today!

Why is Tony wearing a wedding ring? I've noticed this before and don't know if it means anything.

Poor Nick. I loved hearing him stand up to Kate for those few minutes, but of course he will cave in and do what she wants. I'm so tired of Kate doing the same thing over and over. Really, no offense to LK (I'm a fan), but they need to write her off if this is all she's going to do. It's so tiresome.

They need to do a HEPA seminar at the hospital. There is no patient confidentiality at all. The nurse just waltzes right up to Nick and announces she has Sami's babys' DNA, right in front of Kate! And then Marlena askes Nick to break the rules again and notify her of the results if EJ is the daddy. Nick really shouldn't worry about any consequences for him stealing the hairbrush. First, there's no proof and second, there's no rules at the hospital anyway.

I'm not a Lucas fan, but I completely understand how he feels about the babies. I actually applaud him for being honest with Sami. This would be a difficult situation for any man to handle, but Lucas has major issues with EJ that compound the problem. He's always hated him and was always jealous of his relationship with Sami, even before the events of Dec. 29. And it's not like EJ would agree to be an absentee father and Lucas could adopt the babies and give them his name. EJ and probably all the Dimeras would be in their lives forever.

So glad today's episode was an improvement over yesterday's. That was a mess.

• Members

There's nothing hypocritcal about Lucas's behavior. When he told Sami he'd love the babies no matter what, that was how he genuinely felt at the time. The love of his life had just confessed to being raped and his instinctive reaction was to comfort her and promise that everything would turn out ok. The difference between now and then is that he's had time to process the reality of the situation. The doubts that he's expressed (eg. whether the babies will remind him of the rape, the possibility of EJ brainwashing them against him, the logistics of a custody arrangement etc.) are entirely rational given the situation. IMO, it shows maturity that he's willing to confront these doubts rather than stick his head in the sand. Yes, the dialogue coming from him is not pretty or romantic. But I would rather the rooting characters display human falibilities than behave like cartoonish heroes who never grapple with any internal conflict.

• Members

Willow didn't have any proof he stole the brush either until after he had cut her off and she ransacked his bedroom and found it yet up to that point he still let her blackmail him all over the place. At least Kate has him by the balls with corroboration from Billie rather than just a hunch he stole the brush.

If those babies don't live this will have been the most pointless, worst Days storyline EVER. Worse than Melaswen and Garden of Eden IMO. It's already a big enough cop out that they made them twins so they don't ever have to pick one side of the triangle over the other if they want, but if this show kills even one of Sami's babies after putting us through all this drama and having the babies survive all the attempts on her life when they could have very easily died then I will be pissed. The children of Salem genocide needs to stop.

OK, I definitely root for the character of Nick on this show, but most honest person who has ever lived in Salem? What? I mean I know there are A LOT of liars in Salem, but I've just got to disagree. And frankly I just don't get where some people put this character on some saintly pedestal. Nick is a HUGE liar. He lied about Lonely Splicer which indirectly put Chelsea in danger with Dr. Rebert. He slept with Chelsea's mom and lied about it. He saved the hairbrush for some stupid reason that was never explained, and lied about it. He lied about Willow blackmailing him and only decided to come clean about what was going on when Willow was going to expose him anyway. And after she died he tried to keep the lie going by hiding the brush in the sand and sending Chelsea to go to the beach to get rid of it. Love the kid, but he's just as much a liar, if not more, than most of the people in Salem. I root for him to do the right thing, but don't feel bad for him one bit if he's stupid enough to let Kate blackmail him.

The EJ being in every storyline was true before Sami and Lucas's wedding, but it's been at least a month, probably more like six weeks, since we've seen him in a scene that was not with or about Sami. So nice to see him in something else for a change. Loved how the intensity of the EJ-Stefano stuff was rounded out with levity from Steve (BTW, with that pie is he the new Bart?). And we got to see some EJ-Tony stuff that is always fun and then the EJ/Jeremy/Max reveal was nice too. Instead of bringing up John's shooting though, shouldn't Max's first reaction to being involved with an airplane that has DiMera stuff on it to wonder if the DiMeras are going to sabotage it the way they caused him and Stefanie's wreck/explosion on the racetrack? Um duhhhh. But I guess I can't gripe too much because I am actually really glad they got rid of Max's garage if only to have him wearing something other than that racing jacket now. I too could go for a Max/Stephanie/Jeremy triangle after today. I didn't like Max and Stephanie before, but I hated Shayna Rose and I like Shelly Hennig so I can get past the Max being Stephanie's uncle stuff. Or Stephanie's mom being Max's sister, as they worded that today to make it less gross for when they have Max and Stephanie hook up. LOL.

Gino, thanks for the Stefano clip. Maybe Hogan is trying to write Stefano more in touch with who he was in the 80s then? Hmmmmm.

Today's episode was so much better than yesterday's. I think the reason yesterday sucked so bad is the lack of DiMeras. And now that we know Jeremy is working for them, he and that whole airline storyline just got 1,000 times more interesting.

• Members

Ew ew ew! NO to cousin redux. That would only make Hogan look worse in the press, too. Hogan haters all around would have him eating crow because of what he said in his debut interview.

And it's lazy. Now, make Max bi (I could see this for some reason) and have he and Steph "vie" over Jeremy, and we'll talk. And I say this lightly, as I adore this buolding rivalry between Max and Jeremy, so I could so go for a hateful, yet lustful situation with them. Then again, fun stuff like that never seems to happen anymore.

• Members

I loved Steve's chillin' at the DiMera's also. What you said, that goes double for me.

About Tony's ring, I remember reading something about that quite a while back. It's Thaao's ring not Tony's. It belonged to Thaao's father and he wears it to remember him.

Archived