CBS new promo with dancing young people

• Members

This seems to be a very odd promo. It's like those Old Navy commercials with a bunch of young people dancing around but the guy's shirts keep opening up. What is the point of this odd commercial? In between the dancing it flashes the names of CBS soaps with weird lettering.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't seen this promo thank goodness. TV execs can be so weird. If they think folks watch soaps just to see guys shirts come off (or young people do), well no wonder soap ratings are dropping.

Then again, a really BAD commercial gets folks attention nearly as well (if not better) than a very good one. Will it make them want to watch? Nah, but get the attention and then put the promos of substance on later. Maybe.

• Members

I like it. I'm glad CBS is promoting the whole lineup -- it's not like one show out got left out, etc... I also like the top 18 reasons promo acknowledging CBS Daytime's 18 years at No. 1. All promotion is good. I'd like to see the promos move to primetime. They are short. It would be a good thing. Even if they just promoted the fact that same day episodes are online -- except for B&B.

• Members

I think that it's very cheap and I felt like I was watching a Saturday morning toy commerical with CBS Daytime dolls. There's Lizzie Bordon Spaulding, Shirtless Rick Forrester, Rockin' Gwen Munson, and Slutty Amber Moore equiped with bad writing.

Archived