Hillary clinton's new presidential vid

EricaKane70

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You think stem cell research is crazy??? Well I'm willing to risk research on embryo's that would be discarded anyway if theres any chance that it could cure a number of diseases such as paralysis, alzheimer's, and MS. I think you are the one that isn't open minded. Abortion and stem cell research happen to be two issues that important to me so why would I vote for someone that was against that??? I refuse to vote for anyone that is against abortion, that is my right and choice as a woman I don't want some man or woman making that decision for me.

• Members

:rolleyes:

Oh, dear God. Here we go again, defending the slaughter of human life as if there's anything noble in the gruesome practice. Oh, wait. I know! Kill innocence (and pervert the country further by killing innocence) just so women can be sluts. Or not have children ever.

I LOVE IT!!!

(not).

• Members

I don't want Obama as the VP.... he brings nothing to the table. He would provide her with votes from Illinois, but she will probably already win Illinois since she is originally from Illinois and Illinois is a Safe Democratic state anyway. Obama would most likely detract from Hillary more than he would add to her campaign. America knows what it's getting with Hillary Clinton, but "who the hell is Barack Obama?" Even though the Vice President has little responsibility, it would hurt Hillary to be associated with him.

Her running-mate should be a Southerner... And IMO a Southern woman wouldn't hurt. Perhaps Lousiana's Mary Landrieu.

JSF, I strongly object to what you've just said. I think anyone would agree that using abortion as birth control is wrong, but even then the women are not necessarily sluts, perhaps just uneducated or immature. What about women who abort babies conceived from rape? I really don't think a rape victim is a slut.

I don't think we should talk about abortion at all at SON, probably too deep a topic, but just for future reference JSF you shouldn't generalize with language like that on this kind of an issue.

To be bipartisan, I also think it's bad to say "I wouldn't look at a Republican..." Although I am a registered Democrat, I *know* that President Bush isn't representative of an entire party. Gingrich-style Republicans disgust me, but then again, there are Democrats out there that I have no interest in either (e.g. Obama.) I do know that there are some Republicans that do a great job representing their constituents (look at Maine's Olympia Snowe, the epitome of an un-corrupt, responsible, caring politician.)

• Members

juppiter that's why I said "sluts. Or." So I didn't really generalize. I know not all women are sluts who choose to abort or take excessive amounts of BC. But most of them, according to statistics, are.

Again, that rape figure is practically nothing. What is it these days, 2, 3 percent?

Let's not kid ourselves here. Abortion exists under the guise of "women's health" so that women can do what they want. That's a fact.

• Members

But not ALL! And I don't think they are sluts. Women who use abortion as contraceptives are grossly misinformed.

In the WHEEL OF FORTUNE of life, I think women are allowed about one or two free spins. After that, I think she's stupid. After the first or even second abortion, a woman needs to think of other methods of preventing birth aside from abortion.

But even me, as a male, who am I to judge what a woman does with her body!? It's just my own honest opinion.

I don't think a woman is a slut for having an abortion, but I think after the first one, she needs to completely evaluate her life so she doesn't make the same mistake again.

• Members

I totally agree. That's why I think it's the government's responsibility to spread the message about contraceptives, adoption, &c. and make these things more available. I agree with Hillary Clinton that abortion should be "safe, legal, and rare."

• Members

But her statement makes no sense. Abortion, a procedure that sucks a fetus or cuts up a fetus, a FETUS, a growing FETUS, is not "safe" for the fetus. That smacks of hypocrisy. And abortion will NEVER be rare because she may honestly believe that but the "women's movement" -- especially the Gloria Steinem one, which, essentially is the whole women's movement since Planned Parenthood and all of that are linked together -- LOVES abortion as birth control. Maybe they'd deny it but um, what do they think 'abortion-on-demand' is?

And let's not forget that they wouldn't meet their bottom line if abortion really were "rare."

Archived