AMC: Thursday

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This fantasy episode was laden with foreshadowing and I think that's exactly what the point of it was.

Very well done! Reminds me of the Fan Fantasy they used to do. Loved the "Everybody Wants to Be a Martin" even Joe was in there having a good time and Colby and Krystal looked gorgeous in their Martin get up.

Poor Adam :(

Jack and Erica are destined for each other. Thank god we got rid of McTavish I can assure you she was all for Jeff and Erica Part II, GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

I just watched the episode. LOVE IT!

Colby/Sean was so cute.

Jack/Erica is so ment for each other.

The "Everyone wants to be a Martin" was so funny. I love how they are using the vets in a creative way.

• Members

I also must add that the choice of Tad to do the voice over was the right one. He as a character has lost the most and in most need to his dreams to come true.

Michael E. Knight as usual was fantastic.

I hate how they made Tad the killer last year and I have doubts if his character can ever fully be salvaged from that but I want him to find Kate, I want Kate in his arms. I for the longest time could care less after Dixie died because in my opinion the storyline was useless without her.... but now I see it still needs to happen. Tad deserves the daughter he lost and us long suffering fans deserve to see it take place!

Take note James and Barbara! Make this one of your first priorities!

• Members

Echoing what everyone else already said, that was great!

I also loved the Sean/Colby jailhouse dream. I almost laughed as loud at that as the "Everybody Wants to be a Martin" number (and I have that song stuck in my head now, too).

Jack calling Erica because he knew she was thinking about their kiss, too, was absolutely perfect.

Michael E Knight really shines when given funny material and I think it was foreshadowing that Tad will find Kate soon after B&E take over as headwriters.

I felt bad for Julia & Adam.

My only complaint was Kendall & Annie "hearing" Whinelee's cries. I had hoped anything psychic had ended with McT!

• Members

*I must say today's show was a lot of fun and reminded me of Fan February...just humorous and a break from the heavy drama. Now the Ryan rant :)

Dreamgirls

Well well well so all of Pine Valley goes nighty nite and that means Ryan can dream away of being on an island called HumpALot where everyone has nothing better to do with their time than hump people..like the mental patient having to hump Nurse Ratched in order to get out of the psych ward so he does not practice his fantasy of being a trapeze artist on a trapeze full of raw sewage and then the others are just humping for pure joy and not doing anything worthwhile. Good lord but Ryan did not have that much to dream about it looms like as evidence from today's show! So yea he dreams about having children with Greenlee....what a great way to invite her into the family! Just have a child with her while you are married to another Greenlee look-a-like and name it Muffy and watch it build dream houses for all the celebrities of the world while managing to be able to give breast milk at age 5 to someone who is mighty thirsty. Geez Ryan just dreams of particulars and is not surprising anymore...why not dream about having a chorus line of people at Ryan's palace do his duties like scrub the floors, read a Dynamite Kiddo comic book to him at night, sweep the Dynamite Kiddo HumpALot tile, and orchestrate ways for Sir Ryanovitch to get his by a bus that is going 80 mph and leaves him flatter than Calista Flockhart's rack. I mean if you are going to dream do it big and eliminate the dufus and if not then what is the point in the dream, right? Gosh this is all making sense now!

• Members

What happened to the dream about Kendall slugging Greenlee? Oh wait, that was my own. Really wish Kendall would have though

I thought the Martin dream looked dumb as hell in the previews but it was surprisngly funny! LOL

Bobbie Eakes has an amazing voice. I love that song that she sung throughout the show. Is that song on her CD? Id love to hear a full version of it sung by her

Why was Babe dreaming about giving a speech? Was she the valedvictorian? LOL

LOVED the Jamie and Babe kiss and how both of them were dreaming of it. Hmmm, so I guess it does look like they might finally be reuniting. I hope so bc they were my favorite pairing for both of them. I just might love both characters again if they reunited

• Members

I just loved that part and after saying it he just hung up the phone. :lol: This is classic J/E. I wish I knew who was writing this stuff. I'd send them a present ;)

I loved the Tad voice over and his dream about getting his Kate back. Are they going to do that once Sydney comes back from maternity leave? They seem to have put it on the shelf and I was wondering if they are going to do a Julia/Tad romance that leads to the Kate reveal. Anyone know?

Loved Colby's dream about Sean and the Martin Men too. JR and MEK looked so hot.

• Members

OMG, Steph, THANK YOU!

I didn't want to be the first one to spew criticism of this overrated episode (the Colby/Sean shit I fast forwarded... talk about EXTRA!). But, yeah... Bobbie Eakes opening the show a capella and then leading the show in with the song was wonderful. She has an amazing voice, yadda, yadda, yadda, we already knew all that. But, I'm tellin' yooooou... after the first twenty minutes of "La dee da dah dee... La da dee dah dee... Doobie pa doobie... La dee dah dah dee... Dream a little dream of me..." I was ready to bash someone else's head into a wall (not my own... I'm too cute for that).

Overall, I enjoyed the gaiety... but the episode was mediocre at best. Bugler is horribly UN-FUNNY! I don't know WHY the hell they gave the script to that hack to write. The structure of the episode was much better thanks to Walsh.

The only time Casey Childs' hideous "directing" works is in the schizophrenic world of dream sequences.

• Members

LMAO, that's classic. To bad it was just a dream. I'm still glad I'm not watching. I'm waiting for things to sound like they get better, then maybe I could manage some clips of scenes minus he who is dead to me. But for now, it sounds yawn worthy.

• Members

I loved the Dream episode.Josh makes a sexy game show host.Kendall was so over the top,you could tell it was dream.I loved them showing Sydney Penny's pregnant belly.I was annoyed with that part also because if they showed it for that one segment hiding Penny's stomach ,then they should showed it for the rest of the episode.

• Members

Just got done watching this episode and I thought it was OK not great

Addie Walsh and Courtney Bugler shouldn't have written this eppy. There writing really is crapping, but they did an ok job with this script.

I loved the scene's with Julia (Sydney Penny rocks) and the Colby dream with Sean was awesome.

I do wish Amanda would have had a dream though.

I hated the Babe/Jamie crap & anything with Whinelee.

And for those that liked Bobbie Eakes singing voice check this music video out they she did with country singer Colin Raye several years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_SCtq7a1RM

Robert

Archived