DAYS: Ending Effects

• Members

I don't really have a problem with the freeze or the "Next on Days..." I have a big problem with the effects on the freeze though! Embarrassing, cheap, ridiculous are just a few words that comes to my mind while wathing that stupid (another one, lol) freeze.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Although I uber-hate the special effects, the freeze frame isn't much better. I agree with everyone who thinks it takes away from the dramatic appeal of the final scene. Everytime I see the cheesy special effect that Days come up with, I get embarassed. It just looks bad. I love the fade to black because it gives the opportunity to see what the rest of the actor/characters reactions are. I've noticed a lot of great subtleties on people's faces during fade to black sequences. You just don't get that with the freeze frames.

• Members

Sorry, but that makes me laugh.

"Phasing it out"?

Honestly.

Crappy special effects that, in some cases, can cause seizures, don't need to be phased out. They can just stop one day and then be gone forever. Not many people -- at least, the VAST minority -- would miss them.

Phase out a character or couple or story. Not special effects.

Ken Corday? Wyman? You've done it again, bozos!

• Members

REALLY, WHAT is their problem?

There's really no excuse why can't scrolled a quick "Days of Our Lives."

Is it because NBC is so gung-ho about their stupid ads and that's why they strip in the credits and squeeze the picture (or whatever they do these days)?

WELL, YASTILLGOT NO EXCUSE, BABE.

The TRUTH is, you could scroll "Days of Our Lives, copyright 2007, Corday Productions" JUST like the good ol' days, quickly, have that fade out, and THEN move to the NBC credits.

It's win/win.

I, for one, would MUCH prefer the nostalgia and "Oh, I HAVE to see the next show!" "Days of Our Lives" scroll gimmick than the CRAP we must endure these days. (Yeah, the Jennifer one was stupid -- WE GET THAT SHE'S TORN BETWEEN THE TWO SUITORS!)

Anyway, once again, Corday, congratulations on ruining a perfectly good show.

ESPECIALLy when you can do the RIGHT way. And you're just not.

• Members

Yes indeed AW had it down pact. Does any one remeber, when Vicky made Grant so mad, (I think she spit in his face) That out side on her front porch. He raised his hand as if to slap Vicky and he said "you bitch" then freeze frame. This was proably one of their finest cliffhangers/freeze frame

Archived