B&B Discussion: Week of June 4

• Members

I think Ashley Jones has been great this week. I loved Bridgette playing the boss for hell with the lab employees (or whoever they were). I was laughing the whole time. I wish they would write Bridgette as a stronger character.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But what is the next beat going to be?

1. Did Bridget also surreptitiously implant herself with "donor eggs" (so she could have Nick's baby too), and that's why she's so freaked out the eggs are Brooke's? Wasn't Bridget shaky/falling to the ground?

2. Or does Bridget have something like leukemia, and will need the stem cells from Taylor's baby? That's the only way I could see Bridget spilling the beans about the mixup. Again, this might explain why Bridget is collapsing.

• Members

^^ :lol:

Sorry I'm so late, but thanks for the recap. I ended up missing yesterday's episode, too. That sucks. Well, I finally got my act together and was able to record today's show and I just finished watching it. I missed how Bridget passed out since they started with her on the floor and Rick trying to wake her up. Not much happened today, really. Oh, I saw Constantine. Dude is creepy, but I have to say that he's a better actor than I was expecting. Not that's he's good, just better than I gave him credit for. He comes off like a sleazy stalker or something. I think I'll just start calling him Scruffmeister.

I like that they're bringing back the Grant shooting stuff. I've bout forgot that myself. Too bad Justin Torkildson didn't get to play it though.

• Members

I guess any of those senarios are possible. It seems kind of soon to do another cancer story, but Bradly isn't known for being original. I think it's also possible that Bridget's eggs were the donor eggs and that's why she flipped out. She wanted the baby to be hers and Nick's not Brooke and Nick's.

Yeah, Rick's reaction to seeing Bridget on the floor had me laughing too. :lol:

• Members

I barely remember Grant, I think he just really didn't want his mom to marry the guy.

Didn't Budge look really grown up in her glasses? LOL...otherwise she barely looks old enough to drive. And Taylor must be going for the "tragic heroine" look with those extensions.

• Members

Okay, I haven't finished watching today's eppy yet, but I'm busting a gut laughing right now and had to make a post. LOL! First, although I love my Taylor and Hunter Tylo, these close up shots of her on the deck--I don't know if it's the lighting or what--but they certainly ain't doing her any justice. Oh, my God! I swear her face is getting worse, like her lips have gotten even bigger and her skin a little more tighter than it was just a few months ago. For some reason, I keep thinking of fish.

Now that I'm going to hell for talking about my girl like that... :P

The Brooke/Bridget/Rick scene has me cracking up:

(While Rick is beating his... eggs)

Brooke: Are you two fighting?

Bridget/Rick: No!

Rick: Just... We're having a difference of opinion, that's all.

Brooke: About what? Look, I know that this might seem trivial, but I really want to know what's going on in your lives. I don't want to be strangers. So why don't you let me stay for breakfast, I'll help you. I'll mix up those eggs.

Rick: Oh, I think Bridget already has.

(If looks could kill, then Bridget just murdered Rick)

Brooke: Well, I have some good news! Nick wants to give me my baby back.

Bridget/Rick: WHAT? HUH?

Brooke: He wants me to come back and work at Forrester Creations, and re-launch Brooke's Bedroom! (Kyle Lowder gives a way too obvious sigh of relief and at this point I realize that he gives the same blank look when expressing shock, relief, happy, sad, etc.)

Ha, ha! So much to laugh at.

• Members

^ I love it when B&B does scenes like that. They just go all out and embrace the camp. I don't know how anyone can watch this show without doing that. I tried for years to make sense of things, especially Brooke's pairings, to no avail, but my own frustration. I finally just surrendered to the camp and have been a happier viewer ever since.

• Members

I just watched Thursday and Friday. I can't get over how much I enjoy this show lately. Every time I watch an eppy I can't wait for the next. Not that long ago I was totally fed up.

I can't believe Bridget tole Rick the truth. What was she thinking!!? She really should have respected Nick and Taylor's privacy. Not that I have any idea what the ethical thing to do is in this situation, but I'm pretty sure telling anyone who isn't Taylor isn't it.

Rick has a lot of nerve to go after Constintine after he put the moves on Ashley.

I wish Stephenie could have been there to hear Brooke call Forester Creations her baby. :lol:

• Members

I'm totally behind with B&B again - curse you beloved relatives who delighted me with a week-long visit LOL! - but I'll try to answer this question.

I really don't think there was ONE big reason why Rick shot Grant. The show stressed what a troubled young man Rick was: playing these slaughter-kind videogames, listening to really bad rock music (uh oh!) etc. James Warwick stressed how he lost touch with reality. Then, Rick hated Grant for breaking up Ridge & Brooke in his opinion at least, so he wanted to get rid of him...

The reason why you probably can't remeber anything at all is because the show pulled it under the rug - lso because the storylines had already progressed a lot when they revealed Rick as the shooter.

• Members

I love everything about B&B of late. I love Nick and Taylor as a couple. I love that the baby may be Brooke's and that ishe will ruin their happiness when she finds out. Bridget is out there with the egg mix up, but I cracked up with Rick joked about her already mixing the eggs. I love the "Ridge accidentally shot Shane" storyline. Ron Moss is a limited actor, but he has done a great job with this storyline. His anguish over keeping silent and his prison scenes, especially Phoebe have been wonderful. Talking about Phoebe, she needs a new love. This Constantine guy is waaaay creepy and Rick is still into Ashley. I've decided that Bryton needs to leave Y&R and come to B&B as hot and upcoming recording artist. He and Phoebe can hook up. He could make her more interesting and they won't write for him on Y&R. Ashley also fits in on B&B. She looks gorgeous. She hasn't looked this good in years. The only flaw is that Felicia doesn't have a storyline. She is too interesting a character to waste.

• Members

Preach it! Eileen Davidson was looking sta-sta-stunning on Tuesday's episode which I've just watched. Lovely Ashley even makes Kyle Lowder grow on me as Rick who is much better than on DAYS and therefore has my blessings although i'd still rather have Justin Torkildsen back...

I also think the show just needed to work on its balance for absolute perfection. It can't be that hard to give one episode a week to a little Thorne, Fefe or Ann-story!?

That said, even in such a slow week I'm freaking loving B&B. But why did Dr. Caron and the other hopsital get so many lines? I sense they wanted to make it more realistic but I love when only the soap character we know have actually lines and the dayplayers are just standing there for 75% of their time. LOL!

Archived