• Last Reply
  • Members

Just starting to watch, but I have to say I loved this exchange:

Room service waiter "Couple in their late 20s, average guy with a hot blonde?"

Philip "Yep, that's them"

Kate "He's not average. That's my son"

Waiter "Yeah, I can see the resemblance"

LOL funny.

And nuStephanie is slutty. Reminds me of Chelsea. What kind of blood is running through those Brady veins anyway?

• Members

nuStephanie has tapped into her inner wild streak (which she comes by very naturally) but I'm not sure we can call her slutty if she's only just now sleeping with her first boyfriend.

Still reserving judgment on her but I think I might like her. She seems to have good chemistry with Kayla and Abby so far. We'll see how she is with Steve, and I want to see her with Chelsea too.

• Members

A big hell no to nuStephanie! :angry: What the hell did they do to this character? She's everything Shayna Rose's Stephanie wasn't, and I'm not impressed. Stephanie was not a slut. She was not high maintenance either. nuStephanie reminds me of the old Chelsea and Stephanie and Chelsea are two entirely different characters. That's why they were so great opposite each other. Now, they're the same person. And Shelley Henning is a complete miscast for Steve and Kayla's daughter. I would rather see her as a Chelsea recast. She's just not Stephanie. I'm going to give her more time, but I'm not hopefull.

Belle vs. Gabby was excellent! Give it to that bitch, Belle!

Finally! Who would have known it would take "evil and psycho" Philip (to some) to be Kate's voice of reason. When he told her that her act in interferring with Lucas and Sami is getting old, I wanted to kiss the man! :lol: Thank God!

• Members

I agree with you concerning Stephanie. She's just another version of Chelsea now. And is trying to corrupt Abby, too! What is it with DAYS--are they trying to form a bad girls club? Psycho Gabby, scheming and manipulative Willow, narcissistic and irresponsible Chelsea and now Stephanie's releasing her inner bad girl. The actress seems fine, and even her wardrobe would be okay for hanging out with her friends at a club--not for having lunch with her mother at a nice restaurant to discuss her father's problems. They should have given us back Shayna Rose's Stephanie (who was okay after she dropped the getting her parents back together angle) or just left her in Ohio.

I'm probably going to get slammed for this, but if Sami drops that match with the intention of burning EJ alive--well, all of a sudden EJ's raping her sort of pales in comparison, don't you think?

Loved Philip today. This is the way he should be written, not as a screaming nut job. And it was great hearing him tell Kate all the stuff that fans are thinking. It's been 10 years, Kate! Stop with the Sami feud!

• Members

nuStephanie was fine. I liked Shayna Rose too but I don't see the drastic change as far as the character. She was a race car driver and her father's daughter. Of course, she will have a wild streak. Plus, when Shayna was Stephanie she told her mother she had lots of boyfriends so is it really a stretch that she would start acting like this? She was kind of hurt by Max and was doing nothing when she left so I could see why she changed. I know she was corrupting Abby but that is what young girls talk about. I thought it was realisitic and she is gorgeous. She also connected well with Abby and Kayla. I look forward to her interacting with Steve and Chelsea. Her acting was pretty good. Yes, the look is different but I think they wanted to change the character anyway since alot of Days fans didn't like how Stephanie was uer Shayna Rose. People thought she didn't look like Steve and Kayla either. This one doesn't really either but I feel more of a connection between her and those around her but to each their own. I did like her and think she will get better with time. I enjoyed her scenes with Abby and Kayla.

Shelle was filler yet again but it sets the stage well for next week. Duck would be interesting with Maggie but I am through with Gabby. I liked her before but she is grating now, despite me fondess for Joy Bisco. I think Duck works because he isn't shoved down our throats. He is recurring and pops in and out so that makes him tolerable and alot easier to get used to.

I was so glad Philip called Kate out on her interference with Sami and Lucas. JKJ and LK work well together and it's nice to see Philip in the typical Lucas role of being Kate's partner in crime. I enjoyed their scenes. I chuckled when Kate called Roman.

Sami/EJ/Celeste was so good. Finally we have movement and finally we have arrived. Great scenes and a true cliffhanger ending. Tanya and Ali were fantastic and I can't wait until Monday. This was the episode I have been waiting for and I think this may be where the show turns a corner as the EJ story has finally reached a major turning point.

• Members

IMO, there's a big difference between having a wild side and being a complete slut. Shayna's Stephanie, I could see being wild in a way where she would mix it up with the boys and wouldn't be afraid to get her hands dirty. I could see Shayna's Stephanie drinking with the guys and being a real tomboy. That was the way they were writing her and I loved it. She was written very well. I could see her just slugging a guy for making a sexist remark.

NuStephanie? I see her kissing a guy for making a sexist remark and I see her taking it as a compliment. This isn't Stephanie. nuStephanie is nothing but Chelsea about 2 years ago, when Rachel Melvin first joined the show. She was boy crazy. That's how nuStephanie is.

• Members

I liked these scenes a lot. I don't know what direction this story is going to take, but it has a lot of potential now that it's moving. I just hope it keeps moving and doesn't get bogged down again. Celeste was scary today! And part of me is really surprised Sami is proceeding with this plan. Burning someone alive--wow. I understand EJ is an evil Dimera (by the way, burning a Dimera--the phoenix--might not be the best choice if you want them to stay dead), but that's still pretty extreme. In the past Sami has done a lot of scheming and lying, but this goes way beyond that. A lot of people have wondered if they were going to redeem EJ so he and Sami can be a couple because they have a lot of chemistry together. Maybe it will be the opposite. Maybe Sami will go to the dark side for real now. Could be interesting.

Archived