DAYS: May Sweeps

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kenny already put into words so eloquently why this is repetitive. I don't think I can improve on what he said. I can only speak from my own experience. What I have seen is repetitive. I got to the point where I deleted the shows from Tivo. I'd try again after a few weeks, and it would be like I was watching the same show I'd tried to watch a few weeks back. It's like they're in some weird holding pattern or something. Maybe that is to get things in order so they can switch gears, but none of us knows that for sure.

And see, I REALLY wish someone would have just been honest with us up front. If they were going to give us this garbage, the very least they could have done is been preemptive about it. I think after all we've been through until now, we deserve a little honesty. Not after the fact when we're all sitting here shaking our heads and wondering what the crap is going on. If we knew we had to sit through a whole lot of redundancy and third-tier characters for two or three months, but there was a definite reason behind it and things would get better, I think it would be a lot easier to handle. But again, I'm just speaking from my own perspective.

And lastly, I don't think you are perpetuating the 'disloyal' sentiment at all, but it does happen here. Whenever things go to crap and posters get disenchanted, inevitably the ones who complain or quit watching get dealt the 'disloyal' bit. I guess I'm just done with watching what I don't enjoy. I love Days as much as the biggest fan here, but we've been thrashed over the last six or seven years. So you know, I think if Corday wants to keep his show afloat, he should quit with the games and be forthright with us. This does not seem like Hogan's deal. What we're seeing now and what his previews were last fall do not jibe at all. I think he's great, but what we're seeing and have seen over the last few months is terrible balance-wise. And repetitive. We know he can do better. I hope we get to see that in May.

• Members

That's perfect. That's exactly how I feel too, billyjill. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I applaud Days when it's good, and I do tune it faithfully. When it sucks, I don't. Like you said, the ratings speak for themselves. We're not the only people who do this. And at this point, I don't feel badly about it. I just wish they'd get their collective acts together and turn things around once and for all.

• Members

Okay seriously, I HOPE this is not all they have planned. It all sounds like a lot of crap. Bo is instrumental in saving Shawn and Belle... Hope is at home with the baby?! WOW! So ground breaking. John wakes up and has a lot of catching up to do? How about a reveal about who shot him and half of Salem starting to care?

This show is sooo through if these are all we are going to get.

And Willow is NOT out? Is that the first sign of a reversal of good news? Ugh!!!

The only positive thing out of this is Celeste triggering the umbrella storyline. Like everyone else, I'm cautiously optimistic about that. Otherwise, these are all bad spoilers.

• Members

Keith I couldn't agree with you more.

It's worst too because with DAYS, most of the good spoilers (ie., Kayla stealing John's kidney); or those that sound good, always fail to be delivered that way. With these incredibly lacking spoilers where is the hope that it will be delivered even half as better than it sounds? Nowhere.

• Members

Yes. Exactly.

Wikipedia is by no means reliable, but if by some small chance it is true it says she is exiting in June. So she would still be in the May spoilers...

I still think re-writes are in the process here....these previews are so short and something doesn't seem right....

• Members

While that may be true, it doesn't change the here and now. If DAYS can write out Carrie and Austin in a span of 2 episodes why must we endure a whole exit story for this NEWBIE character that NO ONE cares for? If Burgestede was leaving she should have been axed by now and OUT of our faces by May.

• Members

That's a good question, but Willow's story does involve Chelsea and Nick also. And this is another example of how the writers can't please everyone--some people complain stories are wrapped up too fast, while others want certain characters and stories dropped immediately.

• Members

Willow is in jail already, and could easily be sent away for good. The main point here is that these are young'uns and newbies that are getting the stories wrapped up completely while the CORE of the show gets the dropped stories.

• Members

I think that kinda makes sense, but it's not only the favorites thing. (IMO they are more than favorites, they are the core and heart and soul of this show, they've been with it for 20+ years and are what people are watching for). The things that made DAYS what it is have been taken out: family (and I'm not only referring to the Bradys, Blacks, etc. there are alot of things that can take place with these newbies/youngsters and their families that are just not there).

Repetitiveness and no progress. I would love DAYS now even with its newbie cast/younguns/etc, if these stories were progressing. Hogan is a self proclaimed "fast" story teller. Yet, Steve's storyline has gotten nowhere. Shawn and Belle are still isolated away and Phillip went from being on their behind to not being able to find them. Ej and Sami have been having similar conversations over and over again.

This is what I would have liked... Shawn and Belle should have came back to Salem by now and faced the heat. Some REAL drama (the kind REAL writers write for (and that doesn't include JER, IMO)). A real custody battle should have ensued (not one where Victor paid the judge off either, that is an EASY out). Shawn and Belle should have had to deal with their own demons on whether or not they should have custody of Claire.

Ej should have been revealed as the father or not (factually) of Sami's child and Lucas should have known about everything that happened. Sami and Lucas should have dealt with their dilemmas and come to some sort of resolution on whether they belong together after what Sami did... yet again... and hopefully battle Ej together.

Steve's past should have been revealed in bits and pieces lending to a big story climax which COULD have been intertwined with the umbrella story that we are promised.

Something like that.

• Members

It generally took old Reilly five to ten years to reach his point. I'll give Sheffer and the clusterfuck at Days right now at least another few months to clean up their mess. They're only recovering from almost fifteen years of material ranging from mediocrity to outright jokes.

Archived